Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Local Files not appearing on mobile

Local Files not appearing on mobile

What I have:
Windows 10 desktop, Iphone 6s, Premium (family) Spotify account
What I have done so far:
-Ensured I have updated software and firmware on both devices.
-Pointed the desktop app to a folder of mp3 files and put them into a playlist. I am able to play them from the desktop app just fine.
-I have ensured my desktop and phone are connected to the same private wifi network while both apps are open, and the playlist on my phone's end still shows as empty.
-I have logged out and into both devices, deleted the app data of both devices and reinstalled them.
-I have also set my phone as a hotspot for my computer with no change in results.
-I have changed the folder location of the local files on my desktop, including changing hard drives. I am still able to play the music on the desktop app, but my phone shows the playlist as empty.
-I have "downloaded" the playlist in question on my desktop app, to try and move the files to Spotify memory with no success.
-I have ensured my Spotify desktop app has access through my firewall (both instances with public and private networks) and I have also attempted this with my desktop firewalls turned off.

I am able to "play on this device" from both my computer and my phone so there is clearly a connection, as well as my phone being able to know there is a new playlist along with the image I set for that playlist, there is simply no songs in that playlist to play or download.

2 Replies

I'm having the same issue. It's a shame spotify can't fix these local file issues with ease, they've been causing issues for me for years and everytime I try to fix this there's some other problem that pops up...

Hey @Nimbuscil,

Thanks for searching for the answer you need here.

We really appreciate the troubleshooting you've done so far. There is a  setting that was recently added with one of the iOS updates. Could you go to your phones settings and under the Local Files section make sure that synch from Desktop is enabled?

If that doesn't do the trick we recommend that you remove the playlist with your local files from both devices and start the whole process from scratch. You can find detailed instructions on how to import local files here. Keep in mind that only files from official sources are supported.

@Colharted could you also try the steps that @Nimbuscil suggested and the ones above and get back to us if the issue persists?

Keep us posted! We'll be happy to lend a hand if you need more help. 

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts