Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Local files become unavailable...

Local files become unavailable...

I add songs to Spotify and they play for a while, then, I start getting the following message,

"This track was added as a local file.  If you have the file on your computer you can import it."

This happens over and over.  Certain songs in particular drop out while others from the same source remain.  I have imported thses songs as many as 4 times, and, after a few plays, it drops out again.  

Often times, the song will appear and play on my computer, but will not play on my iPhone.  I've tried re-syncing, but that doesn't work.

Any suggestions?

Thanks, 

Marc 

4 Replies

Hi Cramnella, are you adding your local files to a playlist and then syncing it for offline use? Are you following all the steps outlined in this FAQ

Hi Meredith,

I have done the steps in the FAQ. 
My issue is that files I've added to Spotify from CDs are available for a time (weeks even), then suddenly no longer play (I get the error message I quoted in the subject line.)
In some cases, only one song from the CD ceases playing while others will play.  I wondered wether it would only play them a limited number of times, because it's always the song I play most often that gets dropped.  (I use Spotify to make playlists for indoor cycling routines).  
It's happened multiple times with several different songs.
Most recently, I loaded a CD so I could share with a friend from California and of 8 cues, only 1 is available now.  In each case, the song title is still on the list, only it's unavailable to play.  Sometimes, it will play on my desktop, but not on my iPhone.

MA

I have exactly the same is and it is very annoying. it occurs quite frequently and it´s very annoying.

Exactly the same problem here....very very annoying........this is a major issue for me as a longtime premium user....hope we can get a fix here.

Suggested posts