Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Local files randomly synchronize

Solved!

Local files randomly synchronize

Hello,

I created playlists including "regular" songs from Spotify and songs from my local files.

I installed Spotify on my iPhone 6, opened these playlists and checked "Download" so that I can play them offline.

What happened is:

* all Spotify songs have been downloaded

* some local files have been downloaded (they appear in white and I can play them offline)

* some local files have not been downloaded (they appear in grey and I can't play them offline)

Why is that?

I even have 2 songs from the same album, and one has been downloaded but not the other...

Also, a playlist named "Local files" (to be precise, it's "Fichiers locaux" because I'm French) appeared in my iPhone's playlists but I did not create this playlist.

This playlist contains only songs from my local files but not all of them. My guess is it only contains songs from my local files that are part of playlists. But then, why not all of them?

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

@Rodolphe it is very strange indeed for a playlist to just appear

the quickest way to contact spotify directly is via here or @SpotifyCares on Facebook or Twitter.

if you let them know as much as you can about your problem - your operating system, spotify version, how you're connecting (i.e. wifi), how long you've had this issue, and the steps you've taken to resolve it - they should be able to have a look on their end and sort this out ASAP ^-^

View solution in original post

4 Replies

@Rodolphe hey there,

the local files must be save offline on the device they originate from, and they must be downloaded over the same connection (i.e. wifi).

does that help?

I'm not sure I understand what you're saying...

My local files are on my computer.

You mean I have to check "download" on the playlist on my computer?

But wouldn't that duplicate all my local files?

Plus that doesn't explain why I have this "Local files" playlist" on my phone and why only some of my local files are downloaded...

Marked as solution

@Rodolphe it is very strange indeed for a playlist to just appear

the quickest way to contact spotify directly is via here or @SpotifyCares on Facebook or Twitter.

if you let them know as much as you can about your problem - your operating system, spotify version, how you're connecting (i.e. wifi), how long you've had this issue, and the steps you've taken to resolve it - they should be able to have a look on their end and sort this out ASAP ^-^

Thank you. I'll do that, then.

Suggested posts