Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Lock Screen music button Problems

Lock Screen music button Problems

Okay, so since IOS 10 came out, i have had such a problem where whenever i would play a song, lock my phone and then try to go to the next song, the next button, back button and play button will sometimes be rendered unresponsive. Thus causing me to open the app in order to skip songs or pause..... please fix.

21 Replies

Hello @Brandon31693, welcome to the Spotify Community!

Can you let me know if a reinstallation of the Spotify app ( (https://support.spotify.com/learn-more/faq/#!/article/reinstallation-of-spotify/) solves the problem?

Hello, no that does not solve the problem unfortunately. I believe it is a compatibility issue on Spotify's end with IOS 10. anyway you guys can fix this? This is so annoying.

Can you let me know which iPhone are you using?

I'll escalate this to a community moderator.

Iphone 6s Plus with the latest Ios. Ios 10.0.1

Can you please try a few more troubleshooting steps?

1. Restart your Phone by pressing Home + Lock for 10 seconds, then try again.
  2. Log into a friend's account and see if the same happens.

If after that it's still not working, can you let me know your Spotify version?

Trust me I work in IT, i have tried all of these steps and it is happening on multiple devices of my friends and co workers. They are also having sluggish issues and freezing issues with spotify. They have tried everything as well.. 

Ok, can you please tell me the version of Spotify that are you using?

Version 6.5.0   the latest one

Are you seeing any error messages within the app?

Could you post a screenshot of the issue?

Unfortunately i cannot becuase i get no error messages, at the lock screen while the music is playing the buttons sometimes become unfunctional and will not work, i then have to open up the app and do it from there which is annoying. Apart from that issue i have noticed another one, while playing music, sometimes the song will change and go back to another playlist that i previously listened to.. again annoying because i then have to  back track and go back to that prior playlist.. i love spotify but there are tons of errors and it just feels clunky as of late. I would like to see my issues resolved though if possible.

are you guys working on this problem? It has been a problem since IOS 10 came out...

Thanks, I reported it 😉

Thanks, you've been great! I love the app it just has so many bugs and it is so slow as well. I hope to see several issues resolved instead of ignored. This app is so great! A suggestion I could make is adding the option to sort playlists instead of having to scroll.

They need more info, so I'll ask you more questions.

This happens with your offline music too?

If only happens while streaming, have you tried a different network?

About the second issue, have you tried to clear the queue and check if the same happens?

Thanks for your help!

Sorry for the late reply, yes this happens with offline music as well. No matter what i try nothing seems to help!!! very frustrating... i have tried clearing the qeue and everything... Nothing seems to work. Apart from this the app seems sluggish as well and sometimes when i am playing a song it will change songs on me without me even touching it... so weird..

Thanks for your help!

1. Do you use any cache-clearing, or battery saving apps? Also, do you often use your device in 'Low Power Mode'?

2. Do your friends that are experiencing the issue also use iOS 10?

3. For the skipping issue, can you try removing any offline devices at https://www.spotify.com/account/offline-devices/? This will require you to sync again all the offline tracks but will eliminate the possibility of a dual-cache.

I have tried that and nothing works!! Nothing at all!

@Brandon31693, can you please answer these questions?

OviiiOne wrote:

1. Do you use any cache-clearing, or battery saving apps? Also, do you often use your device in 'Low Power Mode'?

2. Do your friends that are experiencing the issue also use iOS 10?

Hey @Brandon31693

Thanks for getting in touch with us on the Community. I hope that you're well!

We're sorry to read that you've been having this trouble since the update - far from cool. We'd love to investigate this with you though!

First up, so we don't suggest anything that you may already have tried, could you let us know what steps you've already tried? For example, a reinstall, or soft reset.

Also, any screenshots, or videos that you can provide would be super helpful too!

Once we have those details, we're sure that we can take a further look into this with you.

Many thanks,

Jason 🙂

Suggested posts