Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Lockscreen widget iOS 11

Solved!

Lockscreen widget iOS 11

Hi,

I've been running iOS 11 beta on my iPhone 7  the last few days and I've just noticed that when playing Spotify the lockscreen widget is no longer full screen...

Now I'm aware iOS 11 is still in the beta phase and potentially things aren't set in stone however can anyone confirm if this is how Spotify will look when running on iOS11?

I prefer the full screen (large album artwork) view than how it looks now, as at a galance it is difficult to see what song is being played in my opnion.

Thanks

iOS11.jpg

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @Jonspittle

Yes, this is how it will look like for all music apps in iOS 11. This is how Apple wants to display it and it has nothing to do with Spotify.

Tip: If you tap on it, the Spotify app will open up. A pretty nice improvement I would say. The only downside is the small album art.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

Marked as solution

Friends, I restarted the iPhone and the widget is back! It’s working fine now... crazy!!! Thanks for help!! XO from Brazil!!! 

View solution in original post

24 Replies

Try deleting the app and re-downloading the app and log in again. Or, see if there are any problems on your phone by checking it out at the Apple Store.

Deleted the app and tried again still the same, not sure what you mean by "see if there are any problems on your phone by checking it out at the Apple Store" ?

I think it's part of the new OS that's causing it.

I meant that it seems like there is something going on with your phone or
it might be reacting strangely to the new iOS update. You can go to the
nearest Apple Store and try to get someone to help you out.

I follow you now.

I think I'll wait for the official release of iOS 11 first before going down that route, I believe it's to do with that, I just thought there would be a few users on here running the iOS 11 beta that's all.

Thanks for the help.

Marked as solution

Hey @Jonspittle

Yes, this is how it will look like for all music apps in iOS 11. This is how Apple wants to display it and it has nothing to do with Spotify.

Tip: If you tap on it, the Spotify app will open up. A pretty nice improvement I would say. The only downside is the small album art.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I’m having the exact same problem with iOS 11 beta. It’s very frustrating!

Hi @MattSuda,

I was hoping that wasn't the case, I really liked the fullscreen widget, as like I stated it is much easier to view the information especially when I'm playing Spotify in my car 😞

Oh well hopefully Apple address this in a future.

Wasn't it possilbe to do that previously, I can't recall if it was possible or not!

Indeed it is, although looks like that's the way it's been designed by Apple 😞

When my phone is connected through bluetooth to play spotify music it won't let me shuffle through songs anymore, I have to pick up my phone and change the song in the app itself. Which is very dangerous.

Also there's no widget on my lockscreen of Spotify when I'm playing music so I constantly have to unlock my phone, got to the app and choose another song.

Can this be fixed? 

I’m facing the same problem! And I’m using the official iOS 11 now. No Spotify widget, If I want to change the music, level the sound up or down, go to the next song I have to unlock the screen and open the app to make it. It’s totally frustrating, I’m so upset. I’ve even delete the Music app from Apple because it was shown as default on the ‘music’ widget. But it did not change. Can anyone help with it??

Need help with the same issue 

This issue is different to what I reported, I had a widget but it wasn't like it used to be, it's been explained that Apple have changed this now.

I'd advise creating a seperate thread for your issue.

Marked as solution

Friends, I restarted the iPhone and the widget is back! It’s working fine now... crazy!!! Thanks for help!! XO from Brazil!!! 

Same here.

Running official IOS11 and spotify widget sometimes shows most of the times it does not show. Worst part, bluetooth devices are unable to controll spotify, no volume controll, no  skipp, no pause, etc...

I tested multiple bluetooth devices and always the same problem. i tested with my car, my bluetooth headphones and a bluetooth loudspeaker. none worked.

I have the same problem, the widget does not show up when playing music through Spotify. Controlling the Music will activate the Music app and play my local library from the default music app. It's frustrating, is this Spotify's fault or is it just a buggy iOS 11 release? Running iOS 11.0 on iPhone 7.

hello,

i also face the same problem.. after updating ios.11, no more spotify widget on the locked screen, no more bluetooth device control. this is so frasturating especially while doing sports as i cannot change the song or volume via the headset.. could you advise how to solve?

I’m having the same issue! I have a long commute and navigating traffic in addition to picking up my phone and opening the app is very dangerous. Hopefully there’s a workaround for this soon.

I’m having the same issue as well. Unable to control Spotify volume from the physical volume buttons on the side of the phone and unable to control Spotify at all from my Bose Bluetooth headphones.  No Spotify widget on lock screen is annoying!

Same problem from argentina SOLVED!!

Just reboot you phone, it worked with mine!! Good luck

75AE5610-231A-41E7-920E-28D217DF2A40.png

Suggested posts