Plan

Premium

Country 

México

Device

iPhone XS

Operating System

iOS 13.14

Lyrics aren’t showing on iPhone XS, tried reinstalling, restarting the phone but nothing works, there’s no option on settings neither.

47 Replies

Hey @miguelroblessp, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

There is some info about viewing lyrics here. This feature is only available for select songs. If you don't see lyrics/story on a song, this means it isn’t available for that song. New lyrics and stories are added to Genius every day, so you may find it added in the future.

It'd also be great for you to vote and subscribe to this idea where all the updates regarding this will be posted.

I hope this helps!

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Plan

Premium

Country

Device

(Iphone 7)

Operating System

(IOS 13.4.1)

My Question or Issue

a few days ago my spotify can display lyric but after I updated the application now the lyrics button disappeared, any ideas?

same here, all other sections disappeared

I too started having this problem. I'm on Premium plan on a Samsung Galaxy A30, with Android 10. Songs that displayed their lyrics before don't do so anymore. So it's not that there are no lyrics available. I have a difficult time believing there are no lyrics for Bohemian Rhapsody, for example (not that I need those particularly 😂). I believe it all started after an update. 

same issue for me !

can we have help ?

Same thing here. Works properly on iphone 11 Pro; not showing up the function on iphone 11.

Followed suggested steps to fix yet it is not working.

Hi, Billy-J. 

Thank you for the information, but no songs are showing lyrics now for me on my iPhone XR running the latest IOS. Even the song "redbone", which is the example on that link you provided, shows no lyrics. It's been like this for me for a few weeks now, at least. Maybe longer. Does anyone have a fix or explanation?

Had same problem. Try to re-instal APP and download again the musics.

works for me

As TechCrunch reports Spotify brings real-time lyrics to 26 countries:

Argentina, Brazil, Colombia, Chile, Mexico, Peru, Bolivia, Costa Rica, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Guatemala, Honduras, India, Nicaragua, Panama, Paraguay, El Salvador, Uruguay, Vietnam, Philippines, Indonesia, Malaysia, Thailand, Taiwan, Singapore and Hong Kong.

Many Android users already posting screenshots with lyrics in Spotify, but I don't see such from iOS users. Has anyone got it on iOS yet?

I'm seeing lyrics for some songs but majority didnt had any lyrics for ex lyrics of blinding lights is available on musixmatch but Spotify is not showing it 

Try to re download all songs again

I'm having the same issue. Been having it for almost a month now. Just reinstalled the spotify app and the issue persists. Even on extremely popular songs (think rap god or the weeknd's new album), or songs which I recall had lyrics before the issue. Now none of them have lyrics.

Currently on OnePlus 3T

I used to be about to see the lyrics on most of the tracks in my library but now I don't see lyrics for any track. Android User

TRY THIS

My Spotify had the same problem (iPhone 7). I've tried many reinstalling and etc but still doesn't work. My brother's iPhone (iPhone 10) have the lyrics, so i try login in his iPhone and the lyric doesn't appear. I ask him to login using his account in my phone and the lyric appeared. Then i tried login again using my account and suddenly the lyrics appears.

So try using someone's account that his/her phone has the lyrics, then try login using your account again.

Surprisingly this works! Thank you. I log out from my account. Asked my husband to log in to his account on my phone. (He has the lyrics on his phone). And log out. And try to log into mine. And walllllaaa! Thank you again!

I got same problems

I have two accounts. The other worked with the lyrics but when I uninstalled it, it never worked again. I understand that lyrics may not be available for other songs. But I played the song where I can see the lyrics before it stopped working and it's not even available. So the lyrics feature completely stopped. I already reinstalled the app on my mobile phone but the issue is still the same.

I’m having the same problem...

I already tried clean delete and reinstall, I tried the log in with another user account and back to mine it also didn’t work.

if the problem is not with my device (because it works fine with other accounts) how do I fix my account?

What did you sign in with? Previously mine was FB login. Changed to normal login (email/username) & password. Once done I used my friend’s account (with lyrics) to sign into my phone then logged out and logged in back to my account and there it is i got it!

Suggested posts