Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Lyrics not showing

Lyrics not showing

Plan

Premium

Country 

México

Device

iPhone XS

Operating System

iOS 13.14

Lyrics aren’t showing on iPhone XS, tried reinstalling, restarting the phone but nothing works, there’s no option on settings neither.

Top Answer
Billy-J
Spotify Star

Hey @miguelroblessp, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

There is some info about viewing lyrics here. This feature is only available for select songs. If you don't see lyrics/story on a song, this means it isn’t available for that song. New lyrics and stories are added to Genius every day, so you may find it added in the future.

It'd also be great for you to vote and subscribe to this idea where all the updates regarding this will be posted.

I hope this helps!

47 Replies

I’ve tried the clean remove and reinstall app and still doesn’t show the lyrics. What else can I do?

Hey,
I played "Redbone" - Childish Gambino to test it and if you mean "Behind the Lyrics" where you see some of the Lyrics I have a solution for you. Since a while ago there is no Lyric Button anymore, you can see the Lyrics when you listen to a song ( on the phone when you listen to a song and then click the title) swipe up and there is the "Behind the Lyrics" and that feature is just for some songs so, if you don't see them the feature might not be there for the Song you play but, I tested it on Redbone and Stuck in a Dream and It works for me. I hope I could help you if it does click accept as a solution ;D

I mean the full lyrics. But this that you suggest is better than nothing. Thank you very much

Same Problem here.

Iphone 11, when I log with my acount i can't see the lyrics.

If i login with a free acount the lyrics work fine. 

Anyone solve the problem?

Spotify support has gotten back to me. Apparently the feature is no longer available in Canada. it was a pilot project for Canada and although it was successful and launched world over, is not presently available to Canadians nor is there an expected launch date. 

Why support couldn't simply reply with something similar to the many Canadians in this particular  thread is beyond me.

Same problem here. I'm in Peru which is a country that the new lyric features was launched in and still does not show in my iPhone 6s. My sister logged in to her account with the same device and the lyrics do show for her, so the problem is with the account not the device. 

I'm in Argentina and my children do get the lyrics, buy I can't.
Saludos!

Spotify support is so pathetic.. they dont care for their customers..

I've tried this and I still have the issue on my account!

This is not helpful as it is not what the OP is looking for. I have the same problem by the way and it is frustrating as one of the accounts in my family does get full lyrics whilst the others don't.

Your answer is not accurate as I have the same problem as OP. I'm a user of a family account and one of the users in my account gets full lyrics to most songs whilst any other user in my account gets lyrics for ANY song. So this issue is unrelated to lyrics availability per song.

Hey there @Jimena11,

Thanks for reaching out about this.

This is one of our new features that we're trying out. We’re always testing possible improvements and new features, so you might not always see something on the app your friend or family member does. We really value your feedback as it helps inform our decisions going forward.

Could you try to close and log out of the app twice as this force activates the feature on some accounts.

Let us know how you get on.

AlexModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

same here! I have tried on 2 accounts on my iPhone XR (both premium plan) but the lyrics didn't show up for every song. My friend with an iPhone 11 has it, I tried playing the same song on my phone but it didn't show up either 😕 is this a model problem or account??

Hey @anastasya14,

Thanks for reaching out about this here in the Community.

Just like @Alex said, we're testing things out and, for that reason, it's likely that different users will get different experiences.

Make sure to keep Spotify up-to-date so you don't miss any updates and improvements.

We'll be here if there's anything else we can help with in the meantime 🙂

Mario Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Same! I’m also using iPhone XS. This has happened to me since the first day Spotify introduced the Lyrics feature. Everyone was hyped about it except me.

Not to mention, even the Genius lyrics also has gone missing, and I don’t even know since when. I hope Spotify would reply to us and give us the solution.

Attachment:

1. The one with lyrics is from my friend’s iphone

2. The one without lyrics is from my iphone

Sincerely, iPhone XS user in Malaysia

9B41B3D1-D48B-430D-839F-286B775CEDC2.png
F9D3833F-55C4-440A-BEA1-CCD0494E281C.png

iPhone XR, ios 14, premium plan 

Tried logging out twice but it didn’t work. My friend logged into her acc on my phone and the lyrics showed up so i guess it’s an acc thing not the phone model. 

My experience is that you’re out of luck if the issue is with your account. Even if you contact their official support, they’ll first tell you that your offline cache has issues and that they’ll reset it but that doesn’t do anything. Then they’ll tell you to reinstall the app but that doesn’t fix it as well. Then they’ll tell you that they will look into it and get back to you but they never do.

Basically endless waiting without nobody actually taking the time to really look into the issue with your account.

damn do i have to create a new acc then 😕

But at the end after logging my account again....I didn't get lyrics😔😩

Yeah I've got the same issue... don't know what to do...Even I tried logging my acc in others phone it didn't work either....but when I log in my friend's acc in my phone, it is showing lyrics...Then if I re-log in my account , it haven't worked again 😔

Suggested posts