Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Manage folders

Manage folders

Hi folks, still waiting for the possibility to organise folders on iOS. Move them, change them, sort them... anything. 

It’s almost 2020 by now and I still need an old school desktop computer to do so. Are you serious? That’s kind of embarrassing imho. 

4 Replies

I use playlist folders as well and I also would like to manage them from the mobile app

You can add your vote to this idea here to let Spotify know it's something you want:

https://community.spotify.com/t5/Live-Ideas/Mobile-Create-amp-manage-Playlist-Folders/idi-p/51517

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

I remember, few years ago, you could use folders with playlists in on iOS.  

Spotify may you explain why it's not possible anymore? 

Why I want it, It's a good way to play multiple playlists, randomise from more than one list. 

Bring it back please.-) 

Hi @Marmehlad,

Thank you for posting on the Community, and welcome!

It's possible to create playlist folders in the desktop app. In this article you can find more info about it. 

At the moment there's no feature to do this in the mobile app. However, we recommend having a look at this Idea suggesting it.

You can support the idea by adding your +VOTE and clicking on Subscribe in the three-dots menu in the top right corner next to the title. That'll make sure you stay up-to-date with any relevant updates about this. It’s also worth knowing that the higher the number of votes an idea gets, the more likely it is for the idea to be implemented. 

We always take new ideas and feedback into consideration to improve the app. Here you can read more on how ideas work.

Hope this helps. Let us know if you have any questions.  

NovyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Why should I use a desktop app when I hardly use a desktop computer at all? I use my phone and tablet every day. In almost all other apps you can manage and organise folders (iCloud, Dropbox, photos…) but not on spotify. There I have to switch on an 10 year old desktop computer. Seriously?? *rolleyes*

Suggested posts