Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Mini Cooper Steering Wheel Skip Buttons NOT WORKING.

Mini Cooper Steering Wheel Skip Buttons NOT WORKING.

Plan

Premium

Country

UK

Device

iPhone 8

Operating System

iOS 12.4

When using Spotify over bluetooth or USB directly with my Mini Cooper the skip buttons on the steering wheel do not work, and on the speedo it says "(Multimedia icon) Not Available". This is the same when i press the OK button on the steering wheel (i am guessing which should pause/play the music).

When using the Mini Connected Spotify app, the skip buttons cause the song name to appear on the speedo, but still do not skip the song. When i press the OK button on the steering wheel, nothing happens.

Please tell me how to get these skip buttons and OK button to work, as currently I can only use the skip buttons on the central dashboard to change songs and would like to use the skip buttons on the multifunctional steering wheel, as this is what it is designed for. Very disappointed that spotify have not fixed these issues. 

Cheers, Joe

3 Replies

I have had this same exact problem for 3 YEARS now. Mini says it's not their fault, Spotify says it's not their fault. However, steering wheel controls WERE WORKING AT ONE POINT until and app update broke them (three years ago). Spotify is too busy and won't figure this out and i personally know at least 15 people at the mini meetup I go to that have cancelled Spotify due to their inaction on this simple problem. Seriously Spotify, FIX THIS!

I have same problem,

is there any chance to write/report to Spotify about this bug?

It's driving me crazy 😞

Iphone 7

Mini Cooper 5doors 2016

All others music players works fine except Spotify,

Best,

Martin

Many years later and this issue still exists, Apple Music works fine on iPhone for reasons unknown!

Suggested posts