Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Missing some playlists, now under SpotON Radio folder

Solved!

Missing some playlists, now under SpotON Radio folder

Hi,

I am using Spotify Premium since 1 year, on PC, Mac, iPhone and iPad. I have tried some months back SpotOn on my iPhone, but I dont have the application anymore since 3 months.

Yesterday, on iPhone and Ipad, 13 of my playlists have been missing and are now into a SpotON Radio folder, whereas some other playlists are still on the root folder of the Spotify iOS application.

On my PC, I just checked that all my playlists are fine.

I tried to sign off / sign on on the iPhone app, whithout any luck. I even tried to uninstall / reinstall the iPhone app. Still the same.

I dont know if it's related, but yesterday, at home, the Spotify app was not usable since the connection to the Spotify platform was really slow. And today, at my office, using 2 differents WiFi accesses, using 2 differents DSL lines, I still ave connections issues with the Spotify servers.

Does anyone have a clue how to fix this ?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey, all. I think I found some kind of solution.

I went into Spotify on my PC and I started dragging my playlists up, rearranging them to be placed over the first playlist that was placed in the SpotOnRadio-folder. That made the playlists reappear as they should, over on my iPad, directly.

After dragging them one by one over that specific first playlist I also moved that playlist up, resulting in athat all playlists now are removed from the SpotOnRadio-folder!

View solution in original post

24 Replies

the same for me. Any work-arrounds?

For information, I updated to 0.5.9 only 2 hours ago, and the issue is still here.

same for me. 88 playlists in the spot on folder. Maybe this is related to spot on. But I think that Spotify should look into it and tell spot on to fix it if it is their app that is the source of the problem.

Same problem here, some playlists are in different SpotON folders within the SpotON folders and there is no logic at all where they are.

Same here. I have 3 playlist folders at the root level on the desktop app, however on my iPhone they are all placed inside a  "SpotON Radio" folder. Such as annoying problem, especially considering I deleted SpotON radio long ago and now its come back to haunt me! I tried everything you did, deleted the app and resintalled, etc. Spotify please fix!

My playlists also changed on my iPhone today. Yesterday upgraded to 0.5.9 after the crashing problems with the previous update, worked 1 day, but now suddenly my playlist are different, and aren't in sync with the desktop client. Folders have been placed in folders in folders etc... No Spoton Folder here but I think some old folders have reappeared..

In app version for IOS 4, which I used when the previous update was crashing the playlists are correct in sync with my desktop-version. Tried deleting app, restart, reinstall app, etc.. problem remains the same. To say in dutch: 'Watsgeburt?!'... What happened?

Is there anybody at Spotify who could jump in ?

Is there a workaround ?

How to explain that the same account seems to have 2 different playlists : the one on computers (PC and Mac for me) and the one on iOS devices (iPhone and iPad) ?

Any help would be welcome...

Yes help please. I'm getting tired of switching between 2 different apps and syncing them to offline again and again since I use my spotify a lot when i'm not connected.

Yes, I experience the same, the desktop (computer) version of spotify works fine, it is just the iPhone version that messes up the playlist locations.

Same here. I tried deleting the folder and the app crashes every time. The spoton radio folder does not show up on the desktop app nor the iOS 4 version. 

Anybody heard anything from those Spotify guys? Please help! Problem remains!

I am havind the same problem. This is not a problem on my mac however on my iPhone this actually kind of sucks. All of the new play lists I create are in the normal spot. At the bottom of that is a SpotOn Folder which next has about 122 of my playlists inside there which is annoying because it is now one extra click to listen to my music. To top this off, at the bottom of these 122 playlists lays another SpotOn radio folder with my remaining 20 playlists. Yeah, I dont even use spoton nor do any of these folders show up on the app on my MacBook Pro so Spotify can you please let us know what to do or if you are aware of this and are working on this. Thanks

I'm having the same problem, on both my ipad and my iphone. Near all playlists have been put in a SpotOnRadio-folder.

In my PC there is no SpotOnRadio-folder and all my playlists are fine. 

Has anyone dared to delete the SpotOnRadio-folder on their iOS device? I wonder what will happen but I really don't want to delete my playlists by mistake...

Marked as solution

Hey, all. I think I found some kind of solution.

I went into Spotify on my PC and I started dragging my playlists up, rearranging them to be placed over the first playlist that was placed in the SpotOnRadio-folder. That made the playlists reappear as they should, over on my iPad, directly.

After dragging them one by one over that specific first playlist I also moved that playlist up, resulting in athat all playlists now are removed from the SpotOnRadio-folder!

This works well, actually just rearrange the playlist on Mac or Windows in the desktop version of Spotify makes the playlist reappear as they should on the iphone 🙂

Thank you! I have no idea what happened or why this solution works but I'm glad you posted.

Yes, this isn't just an issue with Spoton. Lots are having this issue where old folders are appearing with other folders nested in them. There are about 6 threads going with this same issue...........and none of them have had anyone from Spotify chime in with a solution.

Hello??? Is this thing on???

No, still not the solution for me. I never had the spotonradio folder but another old folder I deleted long time ago. When i rearrange the folders it just makes a new mess of it. My temporary solution: all playlists in one new playlistfolder in the root so you can acces them all in the app through that folder. But no real solution. App keeps crashing a lot as well... Still waiting for the update.

Peter here from the SpotON Radio gang.

Just wanted to jump in and say that we are aware of this issue, and as some of you have spotted, this unfortunately isn't an issue on our end, so please keep highlighting this issue, we'd also love to get it fixed!

If there's anything you'd like to comment on regarding SpotON Radio, we'd love to get your feedback 😄

/Peter

Suggested posts