Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Mobile Premium won't let me change sound quality

Solved!

Mobile Premium won't let me change sound quality

Hi all,

So, I have Spotify Premium on both my phone and my computer, but I can't change the sound quality on my phone. Every time I set it to extreme and close out of the Spotify app, it reverts back to normal. This is weird. Does anyone know how to change this?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Can you try deleting the app and reinstalling it?

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

9 Replies
Marked as solution

Can you try deleting the app and reinstalling it?

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi Matt,

As of now, the issue is fixed. I don't know what was causing it, but now when I enter in the app and close out, my sound quality remains at the extreme setting. I didn't do anything specific to solve this problem. It just seems to be working now. Thanks for your help.

I have the same issue. Has been happening since I upgraded to premium. Cannot figure out why.

Hey @bdav530667 

Have you tried a reinstall of the app to see if that makes any difference?

Thanks, that worked...

I tried re-installing my app in my phone but still I can't change sound quality. It's still set to normal quality for downloads and automatic quality for streaming.. I want to set it to both extreme quality, that's supposed to be the reason I subscribed to Spotify premium. Please help. Thanks!

Same here, deleted cache, forced stopped the app, deleted and reinstalled many times :(.

It still changes back the audio quality to default (on s8). 

No answer to find yet. Help me too, my audio equipment is just sad as I am!

thanks 🙂 

I have the same issue. It seems to happen on multiple devices and accounts. No clue.

update1: It seems for me that the issue occurs when I switch between pc and phone.

Suggested posts