Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Mobile Spotify and Discord

Solved!

Mobile Spotify and Discord

Hello, I use Spotify and Discord on mobile and I’m curious why my Discord status doesn’t show me as listening to Spotify when I am listening to Spotify. All of the settings are correct both on Spotify and Discord. I don’t understand

Premium

United States

Device

iPhone X

Operating System

IOS

My Question or Issue

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Souh.. If you connected spotify to discord on android/iOS, it says on Discord connections what you have to do:

"To enable Spotify Status on Android/iOS, be sure to enable Device Broadcast Status withn the Spotify app's settings. This will not update your status while the DIscord app is in the background"

After turning it on, just close both discord ans spotify, then reopen both. Should fix it, worked for me atleast.

~Hapsinator

View solution in original post

21 Replies

Hi there!

I know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Could you try restarting your device? If that doesn't help, try a quick clean reinstall of the app. Just follow these steps.

I'd also would recommend checking this article to connect Spotify with Discord 🙂

If you're still having trouble, could you let me know the exact version of Spotify and the exact version of the operating system you're running?

I'll see what I can suggest next!

I tried restarting my device and I even disconnected and reconnected my accounts, and it’s still not working

Hey there @Wheelz951,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the Community!

We'd first recommend making sure that you're following the steps provided here to try disconnect and connect again Discord with your Spotify account. Then, you'll need to make sure that you're signed in to your Spotify account and Discord on your iPhone device. You can also take a look at this FAQ article here.

It would be helpful if you could give it another try from a different device or the desktop app to see if the issue persists for you.

If you're still having troubles seeing your listening activity when streaming from the desktop app, we'd suggest making sure you're logged in to the right Spotify account. You can also make sure that any relevant permissions are toggled on from both Spotify's and Discord's settings.

Further, if the issue persists when connecting to a different network connection from your mobile device, we'd recommend heading over to this idea and adding your +VOTE

Let us know how you get on 🙂

KaterinaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself! 

It surprises me that a "rockstar" is suggesting that you restart your device. No one even asked for your Discord app version. Right now, Discord Spotify integration only supports Android. Please join the Discord Feedback server. 

exactly. this problem is annoying 

Marked as solution

Souh.. If you connected spotify to discord on android/iOS, it says on Discord connections what you have to do:

"To enable Spotify Status on Android/iOS, be sure to enable Device Broadcast Status withn the Spotify app's settings. This will not update your status while the DIscord app is in the background"

After turning it on, just close both discord ans spotify, then reopen both. Should fix it, worked for me atleast.

~Hapsinator

This is because discord has not yet integrated iPhone due to their operating system standards and what not.

This worked fantastically! Thank you so much Hapsinator, I totally missed it when navigating Discord's settings...

Are the setting accessible on IOS spotify? I can’t seem to find the setting anywhere.

In iOS and Spotify settings there’s no such thing as “Device Broadcast Status” and I can’t find them anywhere, is there’s another solution?

So I’ve been trying to fix the issue like Spotify isn’t showing up as my status in discord. I’ve tried many solutions online but none of them worked for iOS. How do I fix this problem?

Device

(iPhone 12 mini)

Operating System

(iOS 14)

Hey @derpy_smile,

Thanks for the post.

Have you made sure to link your Spotify to your Discord in the discord's app Settings > Connections?

Cheers.

AlexModerator

Hey @derpy_smile,

Thanks for posting here.

Could you please share with us the following? We'll look into this further.

• A screenshot or a video recording of what you're seeing.
  • The troubleshooting steps that you've tried so far. That way we'll able to avoid any repeating steps.
  • When did this occur?

Keep us posted.

Ver Moderator

Sorry for not getting back to you sooner, it supposed to be a song playing though it’s not on there in discord. I’m not sure when this happens but it’s not working. I tried contacting discord for this to be fixed though nothing from them yet, so far I tried to log out and log in back but still isn’t working then I tried to reinstall Spotify and discord but still isn’t working.

C7A88F66-D0A9-477A-8819-98C15CA2A4B8.png

I did, though I tried to do some solutions though it ended up not working.

Thanks for getting back to us @derpy_smile!

Another thing that's worth checking is if you have the option ''Share my listening activity on Spotify'' on. You can find that in the desktop app settings under Social.

We'll be on the lookout for your update!

ElenaModerator

Hello, it doesn’t seem to be working. I tried to do your solution but it ended up not working again, but thank you for your solution!

Hey @derpy_smile,

Thanks for your reply.

In this case, it's worth reaching out to Discord support again so they can check if everything is ok on their end.

If you have any questions, the Community is here for you.

CarlosEModerator

If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

hi I have the same issue with discord and Spotify:) did you find a solution?

Suggested posts