Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Music keeps cutting off

Solved!

Music keeps cutting off

On my iPad and iPhone streaming music is terible at the moment. Keeps cutting off. On all qualities. Syncing is extremely slow. 1 song in 10 minutes??!! Spotify, it seems as if your servers just can't handle al the music streams. Please fix, I'm thinking about canceling my subscription...

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

I'm having the same problem with Spotify Premium on my iPhone and iPad. I've got 50MBs broadband, yet can't get through a song without freezing 5 times. We need a fix!!!!

View solution in original post

15 Replies
Marked as solution

I'm having the same problem with Spotify Premium on my iPhone and iPad. I've got 50MBs broadband, yet can't get through a song without freezing 5 times. We need a fix!!!!

I wanted to use Spotify for music playback on our tour this year,  BUT, it keeps crashing and having interupts on playback tracks. do not know if this service is reliable enough to use, any comments would be appreciated. or who has reliable service ??? I am using MacBook Pro with plenty of access. thanks, JBL

@nielsclaassens wrote:
On my iPad and iPhone streaming music is terible at the moment. Keeps cutting off. On all qualities. Syncing is extremely slow. 1 song in 10 minutes??!! Spotify, it seems as if your servers just can't handle al the music streams. Please fix, I'm thinking about canceling my subscription...

Spotify, this is super annoying. I've had a premium account for some time now and this never used to happen. My music keeps cutting in and out. This is also happening with playlists that i've saved locally onto my iphone, which i wouldn't have expected. 

I'm having the same issue on my desktop. 

Is there a solution. It's getting to the point where i don't even want to use the app anymore as it's so frustrating. It's happening right now hence why i'm on here vs enjoying some tunes. 

I am now having this issue with the web player, It's getting quite annoying to the point where im looking for atlernatives. Been using Spotify for 3 years now but it's time to move on. It seems no one is listening and passing the issue over to the ISP side. From what I have seen in traceroutes its a datacenter capacity issue which isnt being addressed. Very Disappointed.

Feel the same way. Been a premium account holder for a couple of years. Offline playing on my ipod pauses continually since I first used the ipod in Bluetooth mode yesterday. Can't fix it. Who can help at Spotify? For £120 pa the customer service is poor. Spotify doesn't make a profit yet. It may never get there if it can't sort out the bugs and communicate with its customers.

Hey @TrevorGriffiths If you use wired earphones, does the problem go away? 

Thanks for suggestion. I should clarify. Two years ago I had this problem then it cleared. A couple of days ago I used bluetooth on my ipod for the first time which worked fine for itunes. When I tried Spotify app the pause problem appeared and is now a permanent feature with bluetooth off and wired earphones ie what I was using for past two years. So using bluetooth seems to have triggered the problem. App cannot be used at all. Unless you like your music in 50 second bursts. This is all stuff I have used happily before offline. I have a premium account. But maybe not for much longer!

The fact that this happens with wired phones now but itunes works has me baffled as spotify just uses the bluetooth routines in the OS. Which ipod model is it and iOS version?

ipod version 4.2.1. Using Spotify for ios 4. Has worked fine for a couple of years. Now it is just 50 secs of music and then pauses. Does this reliably with all offline music. 

Had thought of deleting Spotify app and then reloading but I can't find the ios 4 (ie an old Spotify app but it was labelled for the older ios) app in the store anymore. 

Reinstalling sounds a plan. Try the steps in this post to get the compatible version.

Thanks. Have checked out the links and may give that a try. Or buy a newer ipod!

Hi guys

I'm new here but I'm experiencing the same "music cutting off".

Been on Spotify Premium for about a year now, and only recently are my playlists "hanging" ie. after a particular song it stops and no new tracks are played - I have press "shuffle" again to get it moving again

After reading all the discussions it seems a number of thngs might cause this:

1. limit of 3000 odd songs - I recently synced my iTunes songs to Spotify - wonderful, though I may have maxed out the number of songs you are allowed - where does Spotify tell you how many songs you have in total ? - what if you have more than 3,333 ? - how do imported iTunes songs impact on this ?

2. wifi not working - I'm using my iPhone 4 on a docking station to connect to my HiFi sytem - and I use the Pandorra app to succesfully stream music uninterupted - so I do not think it is the wifi system

3. How does "local files" impact here " - for some reason I have 1600 of these ?

4. I've tried the "offline" mode play back setting and the same thing happens.

Really appreciate some help here as I'm finding it really frustrating that my playlists keep hanging all the time.

Thanks.

I have the same problem, music keeps cutting off. It doesn't matter whether I use my MacBk Pro or Nokia windows at home, online or offline.

It's very frustrating when you try to do a serious workout, even syncing doesn't happen anymore.

"Spotify"! Please fix this problem. You are very prompt and persistent in reminding me that I need to update my payment info. How about working on providing us, "Spotify users" with satisfying service, like uninterrupted music streaming???

@jbl wrote:

I wanted to use Spotify for music playback on our tour this year,  BUT, it keeps crashing and having interupts on playback tracks. do not know if this service is reliable enough to use, any comments would be appreciated. or who has reliable service ??? I am using MacBook Pro with plenty of access. thanks, JBL

@nielsclaassens wrote:

I have the same problem, music keeps cutting off. It doesn't matter whether I use my MacBk Pro or Nokia windows at home, online or offline.

It's very frustrating when you try to do a serious workout, even syncing doesn't happen anymore.

"Spotify"! Please fix this problem. You are very prompt and persistent in reminding me that I need to update my payment info. How about working on providing us, "Spotify users" with satisfying service, like uninterrupted music streaming???

Suggested posts