Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Music keeps cutting out

Music keeps cutting out

Plan

Free

Country

USA

Device

iPhone 8

Operating System

(iOS 14.2

hello,

my music cuts out every time I attempt to start music. I will listen to a song, maybe get through a song or 2, but then eventually a song will play and it will cut out at the 15-30 second mark. When I go to the control center the play the music again, my phone will recognize it as that I was not listening to anything before the cut out, when then leads me to go back to the app to click play again. When I go to click play on the song it cut out on, the song is always at 2-7 seconds in, never 0.

i first noticed this issues with airpods in, but when troubleshooting i started to have the same issue when playing music through phone speakers. I have no issues on any other app, leading me to believe this is a spotify issue.

i have uninstalled the app, turned on and off the phone, updated airpods/phone, unpaired my airpods and turned off auto ear detection, and nothing has fixed the issue. The issue seems to happen at any time, whether I’m always in the app, having just running in the back while on another, or listening with my phone locked.

it’s basically impossible to listen to music now, so I’d appreciate any help!

8 Replies

Hey @bubblehamon,

Thanks for reaching out and welcome to the Community.

Good job on checking first whether or not a reinstall solves the issue, in most such cases it does. However, could give it another go with these steps and run a clean reinstall? These ones are more thorough. That way you can make sure the cache is not causing this issue.

If that doesn't fix things, could you test if the issue comes up when using a different internet network?  If it works with another connection, it's best to contact the service provider of the original network for more information. 

Hope you find this useful. Let us know how you get on.

Mihail Moderator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I had the same issues and I just deleted the app and re-installed. No more issues!

I also have this problem prob every 3 or 4 months (pay premium family plan). Now making me consider switching to another streaming service as happening too many times leading to me having to reinstall and download music again each time to my device.

sort it out please spotify

The same here…I’ve reinstalled the app a few times but no change…and of course tried all the tricks suggested before. If there is no fix sadly time to cancel my family premium subscription.

Hey there,

Thanks for posting in the Community.

Could you share some device setup information like brand/model, operating system and the Spotify version installed?

Does the music playback pause or does the app crash after some time?

Have you tried performing a clean reinstall as described here

We'd also like to know if the issue occurs on multiple devices with different account connected to different networks.

Keep us posted,

Cheers!

DianModerator

Same things happening to me plays 30 seconds then stops, I’ve tried everything that’s been suggested

Hey @George2231,

Thanks for posting in the Community.

Could you let us know what the brand/model and operating system of your device are? This way we can propose further troubleshooting steps.

On that note, could you also share the exact troubleshooting steps you've tried, so we can avoid repeating the same steps?

Keep us posted,

Cheers!

DianModerator

I suffer this on a Samsun Galaxy S21 Ultra - Android version 13

The fact that I do is bad enough, but suggesting a clean install to resolve this is pitiful. I pay a premium for something that is substandard. It's basic software development and testing of that, so it looks as if your developers aren't up to the job. Get them to fix this will you. If I continue to suffer this then I'll switch my family to another, more reliable, app.

Suggested posts