Music pausing when playing game (IOS)

Plan

Premium

Country

California 

Device

(iPhone 14)

My Question or Issue

Every time I open roblox and play a game my music keeps pausing. Every time I unpause it just keeps pausing. Anyone know any solutions?

14 Replies

Hey @chimericyth,

Thank you for reaching out here in the Community!

Can you let us know if you've already tried to log out > restart your device > log back in?

We'd recommend to check if Background App Refresh is toggled on in your Settings. In case it's not, make sure to switch it and test if you'll still experience this.

In case the issue persists, try to clear cached files on your device following the steps in this support article. 

Let us know how things work out, we'll be keeping an eye out for your reply.

LyubkaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

I appreciate the help but unfortunately it still pauses every time I open a game. I’m new the IOS so I’m not really sure what to do. Is there anything else you can think off? I tried what you suggested and I deleted and reinstalled the app before but nothing seems to work. Thank you again for the help though.

Hey @chimericyth,

Thank you for keeping in contact. 

To continue checking your case, would you mind confirming if this happens using other apps and other games? If not, include in your next response the make, model and OS version of your device, along with the Spotify version you're currently running to continue investigating the case.

We'll be on the lookout. 

OscarDCModerator
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

I have just noticed the same thing. Really frustrating. I have ‘fixed’ it by turning the game music and SX to zero, but that’s more of a workaround than a fix.

iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 16.2, Spotify v8.7.94.551.

Hello,

So I tried it with different games, it only pauses on one other game called MeChat, the rest are fine. I have an iphone 14, version 16.1.1 and my spotify version is 8.7.94.551

Hey there,

Thanks for the replies.

If the described experience is occurring only with a specific app on iOS devices, it'd be best to contact Apple support for more information on the matter. Just make sure to turn on the background app refresh beforehand as @Lyubka advised.

Hope this helps,

Cheers!

DianModerator

Hey so ummmm I wanna play a game but it keeps pausing can y’all make a setting for that???

It didn’t work for le

Hello @Deey

Does this occur only with a specific game or several ones? Also, please share the make, model and OS version of your device, along with the exact version of the Spotify app you're running so we can look further into this.

Cheers,

YordanModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".

Yea i tried all that but it pauses every time i open Roblox i tried everything i can think of and more but it still wont work

Im using ios 17.3.1 on the iPhone xs max btw

Hey @Bicat,

Thanks for getting back to us. 

As a next step we would recommend to open up your games settings and turn down in-game volume settings like sounds or music. It's possible that the game restricts your device into playing audio from only one source. 

Give it a try.

MartinModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a "Like".

I have my volume turned all the way down but it still does it

Hey @Bicat,

Thanks for your reply.

As mentioned previously, it's best to reach out to Apple support for further troubleshooting steps. Since this doesn't happen with all games, we'd also recommend contacting the game developer.

Let us know how it goes.

MihailYModerator

Suggested posts