Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Music won't play after ad. I want to know if it's just me?

Music won't play after ad. I want to know if it's just me?

This usually happens on the ads that promise 30 minutes of ad free music. After the ad stops, nothing plays. I found that I have to go to a different playlist, play that, and then go back to my intended playlist. After I go back to the playlist, the guy saying "what this video to enjoy 30 minutes of ad-free music" or "enjoy 30 minutes of ad-free music after this ad" (or someting along those lines) plays again. Instead of the ad playing, the music plays. Fortunately, it's a way to play the music, but it's a bit troublesome (compared to not having to go back and forth between playlists)

I also notice after the ad, the album artwork doesn't show up unless the phone's display is on lock/off. The only thing that shows is that banner that says "The next 30 minutes are ads free."

2015-09-10 10.00.42.png2015-09-10 10.01.15.png

2 Replies

While I have seen this exact same issue on my Android phone, I have a similar issue on my Macbook Pro.

I was listening to  a playlist, and an Ad came on (Kelly Blue Book) but it failed to play. The green progress bar is all the way across (done) but no sound came out and it will not load the next ad/song. 

• I cannot reproduce this issue, it happens randomely. 
  • Clicking play/pause does nothing.
  • Clicking to play a different song/playlist produces the "this selected track will be played after the ad"
  • Quiting out of the Application and restarting it works. 

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2014)

OSX YoSE (Jose) v.10.10.2

Spotify:

1.0.13.108.gcd94e7db

Screen Shot 2015-09-10 at Thu Sep 10,11.21.46 AM.png

Having this same issue. after the "Upgrade to spotify" ad plays spotify becomes completely unresponsive. I click on the play button, i try different playlists, I try to switch devices, NOTHING works. The only way to fix the issue is to completely hard quit spotify and restart it--which gets REALLY f***ing annoying when it's happening every two songs.

This started happening after the latest player update for me 1.0.15.133.gf21970bd

Suggested posts