Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Need to order and queue a playlist for it to play in order?

Need to order and queue a playlist for it to play in order?

I have a premium plan and am using the iPhone app on an iPhone 6s.  I set up my own playlists and put them in the order I want them to play in.  I only see the Shuffle Play button.  When I click on the first song, it will play, but the next song on the list does not follow ( it will be a random one, which may or may not be from the same playlist).  Do I need to use the queue feature, in addition to the ordering?  That seems really redundant, so I’m thinking there must be another way.  Thanks!!

11 Replies

At first clear the queue and then when you tap on the first song to play then make sure that shuffle is turned off. 

Hey @Naomi21, welcome to the Community.

Hope you're doing great!

Could you check if you're are on the Premium or Free tier?

Go to Settings > Account and it will sho your status there.

Thanks 🙂

@AeroZ wrote:

At first clear the queue and then when you tap on the first song to play then make sure that shuffle is turned off. 

Could you tell me how to clear the queue? Though, i have never set up a queue, so I don’t think there would be a queue to clear. Yes, I’ve clicked on ‘Now Playing’ to make sure shuffle is off

@Loxer wrote:

Hey @Naomi21, welcome to the Community.

Hope you're doing great!

Could you check if you're are on the Premium or Free tier?

Go to Settings > Account and it will sho your status there.

Thanks 🙂

Thanks, yes, I’m on premium

Hey @Naomi21,

Filtering the playlist won't apply to it when adding to the queue so it will show in the queue in the order it has when the filter is set to Custom.

If you'd like this to change, you can submit your idea of it in Idea Submissions board.

Thanks!

@Loxer wrote:

Hey @Naomi21,

Filtering the playlist won't apply to it when adding to the queue so it will show in the queue in the order it has when the filter is set to Custom.

If you'd like this to change, you can submit your idea of it in Idea Submissions board.

Thanks!

I’m sorry, but I don’t understand your response above.  What is filtering the playlist?  Are you suggesting that I set the filter to custom (unsure how to do that)?

Hey @Naomi21,

If you swipe down in a playlist, a search bar and a menu next to it will appear.

Tappingon the menu will show some options to filter the playlist (Custom is default and shows the first song added on top). If you set Recently Played it will be the opposite of Custom, now songs added recently will show up on top.

If you have any other filter applied then Custom and want to add the playlist to the queue, it will have the Custom order of songs and not that of  the filter you applied.

Hope it makes sense 🙂

@Loxer wrote:

Hey @Naomi21,

If you swipe down in a playlist, a search bar and a menu next to it will appear.

Tappingon the menu will show some options to filter the playlist (Custom is default and shows the first song added on top). If you set Recently Played it will be the opposite of Custom, now songs added recently will show up on top.

If you have any other filter applied then Custom and want to add the playlist to the queue, it will have the Custom order of songs and not that of  the filter you applied.

Hope it makes sense 🙂

Yes, it is set as custom and when I swipe down from the top, the songs are in the order that I want them to play, but they don’t play in that order.  How do I get them to play in that order?

Hey @Naomi21,

Thanks for your reply 🙂

For me it works like this, I just open a playlist, tap or click on the first song and I let it flow. Just make sure shuffle is off and you have not manually added songs to the queue.

Keep me posted 🙂

@Loxer wrote:

Hey @Naomi21,

Thanks for your reply 🙂

For me it works like this, I just open a playlist, tap or click on the first song and I let it flow. Just make sure shuffle is off and you have not manually added songs to the queue.

Keep me posted 🙂

Does the attached picture show that I have songs in the queue?

17C4D4CC-D0A3-459F-9262-97AB6E354A02.png

Hey @Naomi21,

It seems you have queued up some songs.

If you want to play that playlist and let it flow with songs you have put there the way you want, just clear everything in Next In Queue.

As you can see from my screenshot, I just added a song in the queue to show how it looks when adding a song yourself and when the playlist/album etc get queued themselves when you play a song inside them:AE6A21C9-894D-4986-AE9B-2DA70963A1FB.png

Hope it helps 🙂

Suggested posts