Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

New interface problems

New interface problems

So the newest updates/ patches have left me scratching my head a bit:

More often then not my Spotify app will freeze, and just stop playing music randomly.

And what the **bleep** happened to the interface? Since when did the radio become a playlist?? And why can’t I dislike songs anymore??

iOS 12.x

iPhone 6s

Spotify Premium

3 Replies

Created an account to reply to this.

I got in touch with tech support because I realized the radio feature wasn't working correctly (no thumbs up/thumbs down, always getting the same songs in the same order as a "playlist").

Apparently this is because we have been bucketed into a test group. The support rep told me that there's no way to be removed from it. I don't complain about much, but man, this is incredibly discorteous to the user base. I feel like radio is borderline useless for me now 😕

Probably going to have to go back to Google Music for that alone.

EDIT: same behavior on the OS X desktop app, but they've managed not to ruin the web client: it still seems to allow the use of radio features.

That’s interesting.

I appreciate the input. I was beginning to wonder if it was just me.

That being said, they could have told us about being placed in said group. I hope they give those “lucky few” the oppportunity to comment/ rate this lack of features. 

Ball’s in your court Spotify. I’ve been a loyal Premium subscriber for over 6 years now. 

Edit: I always used the radio for new music discovery. I’m not a big fan of suggestions from Spotify.  

Rename Playlists? Can’t rename my personal playlists with new interface/build IOS 

Suggested posts