Announcements

New version 1.x is unusably slow (ios 7, iphone 5)

Solved!

Re: Version 1.0.0.3251 is unusably slow (ios 7, iphone 5)

Music Fan

I followed your instructions and can confirm that deleting and reinstalling spotify seems to fix the issue. As an iOS developer, this seems like a core-data migration issue. Maybe they changed some aspect of the database and neglected to include the proper migration/mapping model.

I will continue to experiment with syncing local tracks (the most important feature, IMO) and will reply with any further issues.

Regular
I'm having the same issue on my Ipod Touch 5th iOS 7.1. Spotify 1.0 is so slow sometimes I have to kill the app because it makes my ipod unusable. I wish I could go back to previous version. Please fix it!

I'm having exactly the same issue, the delay between skipping songs is almost unbearable. It seems they sacrificed function for form.

That is incorrect. It's not an error with the phones it is a software problem. My phone is new, and is on the first boot. It is still having the problem of delay between switching tracks. Spotfity need to sort it out.

Casual Listener

Yeah just uninstall and reinstall (annoying!!!)

It did the trick for me, I have a 5s and it would lag real bad when changing songs eventually crashing.(had to stop myself from throwing my iPhone lol)

Not sure about resetting it, might help, but mine is working fine now.

Good luck y’all...

Casual Listener

Same issue here.. 

I liked when Spotify was fast, now it has to do some loading when opening the App and after the latest update it is unusable!!

If they don't fix theese issues asap, im off

Casual Listener

Have now factory default'ed the phone, installed spotify, but still same issue.. it takes several seconds to browse music

Regular
I also have this problem. The app is completely unusable, despite restarting, resetting and reinstalling. The correct song is not showing on lock screen, skipping is insanely slow and the app crashes regurarly. I have an iPhone 4S.

Don't be ridiculous stating this is a phone issue or that it will resolve by restarting. The update is a total waste for some and it's totally unacceptable for subscribing users. Fix this or advise how to downgrade until it's resolved!

Have the same issue, worked amazingly well before the visual update, after the update it works like garbage. I've also tried pretty much everything stated here. With no avail. I hope this isn't how they are going to test all of their major updates. Everything else on my phone works fine and only has been happening since the last update, so I know it's not the phone. 

Gig Goer

Just got an answer from spotify support.

They have a team locking after this issue.

I really hope they can have it solved soon.

SUGGESTED POSTS