Announcements

New version 1.x is unusably slow (ios 7, iphone 5)

Solved!

Re: Version 1.0.0.3251 is unusably slow (ios 7, iphone 5)

It is horrible. Switching over to Rdio if this doesn't get fixed in the next few days.

Gig Goer

I have the same experience... but not global for the app.

I only have issues when I try to play a playlist I synced from my pc with songs that doesn't exists in spotify.

All other songs I stream are fine!

All other songs I synced from my pc, BUT exists in spotify are fine!

Here in the thread I explained my problem a little bit detailed.

http://community.spotify.com/t5/Help-iOS-iPhone-iPad-iPod-Touch/v1-app-freezes-is-unusable/m-p/73389...

Reinstalling the app didn't worked.

Casual Listener
Same problems. 5-10 seconds pause between tracks. The Bluetooth DNLA doesn't update for between 25-30 seconds. Off line tracks stutter. Interface is very slow and sometimes unusable.

Casual Listener

I've also had this problem and uninstalling/reinstalling didn't work for me. I hope the issue is resolved quickly, I  typically use the mobile app in the car and not being able to easily forward through a track indeed renders Spotify mostly useless to me.

Casual Listener
Dear Spotify,

Your App is a **bleep**ing heap of **bleep**, it's had bugs since I can remember. I pay for the premium service but receive subpar software and service.

Please know, that as soon as a alternative is available I'll switch, just waiting for Beats Music to support australian and I'm **bleep**ing you guys off.

Every app promises bug fixes, and you fail everytime. You've proved yourselves incompetent many times and there is no coming back from that.

/rant

Music Fan

OP here,

After using the app for 2 days after re-installing, it's back to a crawl. I'm not sure if it has anything to do with local files synced into the app, or just being used for 2 days. The solution therefore does not work completely.

Still have the issue.

Gig Goer

Dear spotify.

Considering that I spent in the last months more time with issues in the app than enjoying music and, additionally, considering  a number of functions that me and a lot of users like me, are waiting for long time now (landscape on IOS and buffering of next songs to avoid reproductions gaps, just to make 2 examples) I decide to cancel my premium subscription and move to Google music play.

I feel a little sad doing that because you were the first offering this service and I was your customer for long time now, but I feel the service is not any longer matching the expectations. Specially on the customer care site, in consideration that we are paying 9,99€ each month.

Thanks for the good music you provide to me on this time.

Casual Listener

Same issue / symptoms for me on the standard iphone 4. Unfortunate given that offline streaming with bluetooth in the car is the most compelling reason for a premium subscription right now.

Casual Listener

Same problem here...

If it's not a quicfix,  then please remove the version completely and give us the old one back until its fixed! 

Music Fan
This IOS release is a HORRIBLE! it takes 5 seconds to just move to the next song. I wind up pressing it 10 times then over the course of 90 seconds, it slowly moves forward one song at a time with huge lapses.. I will kill it then and have the same thing happen again after a pianful restart.

I have used SPotify for years. Now looking for something else. what a disaster. Do you test your software spofity? Using a Ipod Touch v5

Fire your SQA staff. they suck
SUGGESTED POSTS