Premium

Country

Norway

Device

(iPhone SE)

Operating System

(iOS 12.1)

My Question or Issue

I have this problem on both my MacBook and my iPhone. When I play music, doesn't matter if offline or online, the music just stops after some songs and I have to press the next song myself. Do anyone know what this is, it's kinda annoying. Thought maybe it was my phone, but considering it also happens on my MacBook i'm kind of confused.  

By the way, I also have a problem that songs stops playing after precisely 13 seconds, again both offline and online. These songs won't start again, so I just have to skip them. Would appreciate all help!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Solution!

Re: Next song won't play

Rock Star 14
Rock Star 14

Hi there!

I know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Could you try restarting your device? If that doesn't help, try a quick clean reinstall of the app. Just follow these steps. Could you check if Gapeless Playback is enabled and Crossfade is disabled in Playback section in Spotify Settings?

Make sure iOS is up to date (current version is 12.1.2), and Spotify too (current version 8.4.85). I'd also recommend using the Sign Out Everywhere and Remove Offline devices from your Spotify account page to see if that helps :)

If you're still having trouble, could you let me know the exact version of Spotify and the exact version of the operating system you're running?

I'll see what I can suggest next!

LoxerRock Star 14
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.
2 Replies
Highlighted
Solution!

Rock Star 14
Rock Star 14

Hi there!

I know it sounds simple, but it's often overlooked. Could you try restarting your device? If that doesn't help, try a quick clean reinstall of the app. Just follow these steps. Could you check if Gapeless Playback is enabled and Crossfade is disabled in Playback section in Spotify Settings?

Make sure iOS is up to date (current version is 12.1.2), and Spotify too (current version 8.4.85). I'd also recommend using the Sign Out Everywhere and Remove Offline devices from your Spotify account page to see if that helps :)

If you're still having trouble, could you let me know the exact version of Spotify and the exact version of the operating system you're running?

I'll see what I can suggest next!

LoxerRock Star 14
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Ramberg58
Casual Listener

Tried several of your suggestions at once, and it ended up working!

SUGGESTED POSTS