Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

No album art on lock screen when casting

Solved!

No album art on lock screen when casting

Hi,

I use Spotify on IOS 9.0.2, version 4.3.01426.

When I listen to music on my iPhone I have album art and all controls (prev/next, pause). When I start casting to my Chromecast lock screen turns to regular lock screen. When I swipe up to get control center I do see the name of the song. Play/pause button is not working, but at least prev/next are working.

I would like to have album art and and play/pause on my lock screen of my iPhone when I'm casting music to my Chromecast.

Cheers!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @RockyMM303

Unfortunately, there is no way to switch the track from the lock screen or show album art. The music info will only show on the lock screen if an iOS app is playing music. Since the Spotify app is not actually playing music on the device, then the info is not displayed on the lock screen.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @RockyMM303

Unfortunately, there is no way to switch the track from the lock screen or show album art. The music info will only show on the lock screen if an iOS app is playing music. Since the Spotify app is not actually playing music on the device, then the info is not displayed on the lock screen.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hey @MattSuda,

hopefully Spotify could work out a deal with Apple; I would really like to have this feature. 

Suggested posts