Premium

Country

GB

Device

iPad Pro 

Operating System

iPadOS 13.1.2

My Question or Issue

For some reason this newest version of Spotify doesn't have the shuffle button, repeat button or the queue button. The music plays just fine, and I can still add things to the queue, but I can no longer see what I added, choose shuffle or repeat. I've tried to find if the features are hidden or not but nothing seems to be working. Is this just a new version of Spotify affecting this or the new iPad update? If it's Spotify please find a way to fix this, if it's iPad then please suggest a way to help me? Is it even just me or does this also affect other people?

79A19545-4A1E-40C9-8821-62709AD8DBBA.png
C8F1BEA9-1BA1-4426-9828-E275329AC34A.png
5 Replies

Hey! Sorry to hear you're having difficulties. You might want to check out this FAQ for some more help, in that link you can see that the way to access the shuffle feature on a tablet is by clicking the album artwork in the sidebar!

If that doesn't sound like what your issue is, you might want to try deleting and redownloading.

Let me know how it goes, if these don't work for you I'll see what else I can come up with 🙂

Thanks for reading! If this worked for you, please mark this as the solution, this way others will be able to find the answers to their problems in the future! 🙂

I’m having the same issue, and it’s very frustrating. This new update is really making want to use another service, even if I’d have to pay for it.

I find it hard to believe that only 3 people have had this issue. Maybe only we can find this on the forums? 

Spotify, 

Why would you remove this? I have a playlist of random stuff for listening to at work. It still happily shuffles from my phone but in an attempt to save battery I’m using my iPad. 

Really annoying if this was intentional and I would hope you wouldn’t think about making the same change on iPhone. 

Alright. You take away our ability to search from a swipe down, and then being able to edit playlists via the ellipsis up above (I HATE GOING TO THE MAIN PLAYLIST AND SEARCHING FOR THE SONG TO DELETE) and now you take away our ability to listen to a song on repeat *edit* EASILY? Clean this up, Spotify. I’ve been a customer for too long to be running into some the cloak and dagger updates you’ve been doing. 

That answered it but I gotta say, tapping on the album artwork is a wildly unintuitive way to access what have always been pretty basic features of the app. I can breath easier now but I was losing my mind just trying to find the dang queue.

Suggested posts