Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Non Facebook friends missing on iPhone5

Non Facebook friends missing on iPhone5

I just updated the spotify app on my iPhone 5 and all of my friends who do not have Facebook have disappeared from my friends list. I can't find them to share music with them... Will you guys be sending another update soon to resolve this issue? Thanks

it has been over a year and a half, someone marked this as solved.. this is definitely not solved. is this even being worked on???

108 Replies

I second the previous comment. If an acceptable answer is not provided, I will take measuresnto escalate this myself. This is an unacceptabel way to treat customers. Best Regards //Ciro

How long is the roll out of the Follow-feature on mobile going to take?

Spotify Crew, what is the updateon the inability to share music with spotify friends on the ios app on ipad. I realise you were planning an update to correct this much missed feature that not only me but lots of friends on premium subscription were so used to using but it really is a pain. 

Please advise on any expected fix to this issue?? 

Same problem here... but I see the previous posts are 4 months old.  I am a non-facebook friend and my friends page is blank and i show as blank to my previous friends.  Is there any resolution to this?  Thanks.

Not yet sadly. 😞

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Hi,

So another month as gone by and Spotify got the looks and all the kicks but still no friends for those that aren't connecte via Facebook. Are you intending to fix this, at all ? What's the status ? Is this how you handle paying customers ?

I think I'll take a look att Google Music.

… and another month. Apparently, rolling out the Follow-feature on mobile takes AT LEAST half a year (and counting). Impressive. The first post in this thread is currently marked as "solved", which is nowhere near the truth.

Worst technical team ever.

Have you noticed how any new threads on this topic get moved to this "solved" thread?... Interesting... It isn't solved, it's been over a year since you could message people that don't link to Facebook on any platform bar your desktop. Absolutely pathetic

Don't worry: they will NEVER fix this problem because it's not a problem it's a function: it's meant to make compulsory for spotify users to have a facebook account so they can more easilyhave infos about you that they can sale to other company. 

Sounds about right Leorose but why does it work on the desktop, and have the reply function like a proper messenger but not on any other platform? Just seems like they don't know what they're doing...

It's May of 2014 and I'm still not able to share to "Spotify People". I've never had a Facebook account associated with Spotify.

Potentially related: All of my messages from "Spotify People" are WAY out of sync between the iOS and Mac clients also. For example, my iOS app badge reads 65. My Mac app has none. 

Make sharing available on mobile app or my friends and I are canceling our subscriptions!

I've been a paying customer for years. I am shocked that I have to post something on a forum to get support. Way to piss on your customers.

Even though you post on forums, I don't think you'll get support … (at least not regarding this issue)

Would really like to see this fixed.  One of the great things about Spotify is sharing and discovering music with your friends.  Obviously this remains hard to do with non facebook connected friends....

Starting to look like Facebook has more control over the development of Spotify than Spotify themselves.

I have he same problem and would love to see this rectified.

It's more than one year now, the problem still hasn't been fixed. What's going on here Spotify? I'm a pay consumer and require to share music on my android mobile. Please answer.

Man I been using Twitter to voice this issue however the so called customer services team at Spotify just ain't interested. It's facebook all the way. Sad really since out of personal choice I do not use facebook but still pay my premium spotify subscription and feel pretty ripped off that the functionality to send tracks to spotify friends has been withdrawn without notice or seemingly any intention to bring the functionality back.
Don't be fooled that this requires development on spotifys part. Nonsense. SPOTIFY CEO NEEDS TO PROVIDE AN HONEST ANSWER TO LAYING CLIENTS AS TO WHY THE FUNCTIONALITY OF THE SERVICE HAS BEEN REMOVED FROM MOBILE DEVICES SINCE THE INTEGRATION OF FACEBOOK.

Suggested posts