Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Not able to sync songs for offline playlist(s) Iphone 4s, latest install, latest updates for iOS.

Solved!

Not able to sync songs for offline playlist(s) Iphone 4s, latest install, latest updates for iOS.

As the subject states; I cant properly sync my songs on my iphone. It s EXTREMELY slow. Ive been looking arond the iOS Forums for solutions, and I've tried most of it, and nothing works.

Also, spotify won't let me sync more than 19 songs at a time, before it crashes, and then I have to reboot Spotify, and sync another 19 songs, reboot, sync another 19 songs and so on.

New Iphone 4S with latest updates.

Latest install of Spotify from App Store.

Version 0.5.4.13

Not jailbroken

Tele 2 as mobile phone operator, Norway

Latest update on Spotify for PC

Username: Rubenyow

Tried:

reinstalling, reboot, plug in and out of mac, sync with and without a PC/MAC, deleting cache, safari data etc, resynced, tried different qualities, making new playlists, deleting playlists, and so on!

Please help!

Note:

I have been paying for spotify since early closed beta. Please keep it that way.

104 Replies

Hi Matt,

Tnx so much for quick reply!! Your aweseome.

I have now change to an other wifi and now everything work smooth.

I synced spotify songs, not local mp3.
IOS client was constantly running, it looked as if it synced but it stayed at 27 of 387 songs all night and was the same this morning.

Now I have synct over another wifi and the whole thing did not take long time at all, has 683 MB left of 1.3 GB from the beginning. So the problem was not there either, it looks like my wifi is the troublemaker here. But like I say earlier, my Internet over wifi works perfekt.

If the problem are connected to my home wireless network (router / wifi / wifi internet high bandwidth - 34/34 Mbps), what can be wrong, what settings may be wrong?  Do you have any suggestions what I should check, open your ports, settings, etc?

For sure, I would of course be able to sync offline at home instead of having use some other wifi 😉

When I come home again, I will test to change to my other 4S and see if the problem still occur. I come back to you after that, have a nice day!

Best,

Martin

@Mawa23 

You're welcome! 😃

When you get home, try it with your WiFi and let me know how it goes.

There isn't any specific settings that need to be set on your router, it should work just fine.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi again,

For start it didnt work to sync at home. But after a restart of my iMac, the sync works smooth again.

Next time I will restart my computer first thing if syncproblems.

Thanks anyway for your ideas, and Im impressed of the fast answer from you, I mean its weekend 🙂

All the best,

Martin

@Mawa23 

You're welcome! Enjoy using Spotify! 😃

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hi,

I'm having a very similar problem to this and the SpotifyCares Twitter account isn't helping me.

I have an iPhone 4S 64GB running the latest iOS 8. I haven't used it for a few weeks but due to it's size I like to sync a lot of music, local and Spotify based, to it.

I'm trying to sync one playlist that has around 2k songs in it. I open Spotify on my iPhone and it will sync maybe up to 10 tracks and then crash. I've tried uninstalling Spotify on my iphone, I've tried having my laptop on and off at the same time....nothing stops the crash.

I'm able to sync around 50 tracks at a time at work on their wifi connection (not really supposed to do this!) but in the end Spotify still crashes.

This is so frustrating - what else can I try? Yet again I find myself paying for Spotify and getting no support and not being able to us it's full functionality. Stop with the fancy mood playlists and the 1D takeovers and sort the core applications and functionality out!

Someone please help!

Suggested posts