Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Off line playlist

Off line playlist

Hello

Since the last version on iOS (0.7.1.23), the app seems to need internet to get playlist list.

This has the effect to not be able to listen offline playlist when i have no internet !

This is very annoying. Is a bug of a new feature ? i'm thinking of cancelling my premium account

Thanks

19 Replies

That is also true for the DESKTOP version...

it completely misses the point of having the premium version...

my home internet is super spotty, and my 3G as well.... this recent versions that require intertet connection for playing offline playlists is a completly **bleep**TY experience.

Cheers,

also... this cannot be a feature...

looks like some sort of commercial decision... since it hits desktop and mobile...

try desktop yourself to see if you can reproduce the issue.

Cheers,

Hi,

Same problem here. I'm a premium member and my offline playlists works only when I'm connected to Internet. Problem has started with the last Spotify update.

I'm working iPhone 4s iOS 6.1.3 and the latest Spotify update.

Hi,

I have the same issue, and if it is a commercial decision then I will also cancel my premium account. There is no point then.

I also find Spotify's lack of support or communication unacceptable for premium members.

Cheers/

Same here for me... Spotify has become useless...

I will resign my premium account too if this is not fixed soon...

Thanks for your replies

How to get an official statement ?

Hi guys,

When offline, are your playlists saying 'loading' or are they appearing as normal but without green arrows to show they're synced?

If they're 'loading' or you're seeing any loading issues, try restarting devices by holding the Home button and Lock button together for about 10 seconds until the Apple logo appears.

--------------------------------------------------------------

For common support questions, see support.spotify.com.
To judge my musical taste, check out my last.fm.

Hello Adam,

I'm not sure if we got the message accross.

Spotify now REQUIRES a internet connection for you to play any song that you have stored offline, when you are going to play it for the 1st time after you boot up.

Example1: My iphone is turned off, and then I decide to turn it on. I don't have cell coverage, and I don't have wifi.

If I open the spotify app (which has more than 1000 starred and offilne songs synced to the device), spotify will NOT show my starred songs or playlists

Example2: My computer is off. I decide to turn on my computer, but my Internet is NOT working.

I open the spotify app on my PC, and it will not let me play ANY song that I have stored offline in my computer.

On BOTH examples, after the spotify app has access to internet at least one, it will 'validade'  your playlists and then you can keep playing stuff even if internet goes out.

This sounds like a commercial decision, or a bug in the platform.

This is VERY VERY BAD.

My home internet is from a **bleep**ty provider, and my cell coverage is even worse. That is why I pay for spotify to have my stuff offline.

Is is clear now?

ps: Your suggestion on the iphone APP does not solve the problem.

Cheers,

This is very frustrating.
We hear no response.
It's like I'm begging for a functionality that was always there and that is why I paid for the service.
Now it's gone.
And no one gives any feedback.
I have to deal with this issue everyday.
IT IS VERY FRUSTRATING

Interestingly I was having this issue, but fully rebooting my device then connecting to Spotify in online mode and then continuing with my routine of offline usage appears to have fixed it for me. 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

The problem is... if you reboot your cellphone right now, and you have NO internet, you cannot use the spotify premium that you pay for.

That is THE issue.

I don't know what is up with this recent update but when I went to my playlists - many of the songs that I *know* were playable offline are not anymore. They are greyed out. It's not licensing because they're in the spotify database. They're not local because I wouldn't have been able to play them before correct? Some of the tracks were already in my playlist via the database. They are greyed out now and I have to search and add them again.

Really annoying!

I'm on IPhone 5 using premium.

I moved your message to the iphone section. Does going online for a minute then offline again have any effect?

@Yols wrote:
I don't know what is up with this recent update but when I went to my playlists - many of the songs that I *know* were playable offline are not anymore. They are greyed out. It's not licensing because they're in the spotify database. They're not local because I wouldn't have been able to play them before correct? Some of the tracks were already in my playlist via the database. They are greyed out now and I have to search and add them again.

Really annoying!

I'm on IPhone 5 using premium.

No effect. I even rebooted the phone.

And another issue? The "hide unavailable tracks" feature clearly does not work. I see almost nothing but grey even with this feature on.

how long will I have to put up with this bug?

why don`t we see any response from spotify to this???

I deal with this issue everyday. 

There is an official bugs topic for this issue, check here

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Quick fix is to toggle 'Available Offline' a few times within the required playlists until download arrow appears (it will eventually) and your songs should be available as previously... Enjoy

hello

i do not need a workaround.

As the obivous workaround is to have internet again, which is not fine.

Offline listen should be a real offline (no internet)

I will cancel my subscribtion because of this

Let's see if the competition is better on this point.

regards

Hi

I now realise why my Off-Line Playlist is not functioning as befopre.  Has there been any comment or informtion from Spotify about this?

Thanks and regards

Suggested posts