Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Offline Mode - Disk Space

Solved!

Offline Mode - Disk Space

I was wondering, whenever I make an album or a song available on Offline mode, will it take up disk space on my phone? And if so, approximately how much space does an average song take up?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Yes, when you make an album or song available for offline use, it will take up space on your phone.

The way the app works, is that when you make music available for offline use, it will download it inside of the app so that way it will play and won't constantly eat up your mobile data when you are on the go or you don't have an internet connection.

The amount of space it takes up depends on what quality you have selected for syncing music in the app settings. (different from the streaming quality setting)

For the extreme quality setting, I would say a song takes up an average of 7-10 MB. The lower the quality, the less space a song will take up.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Yes, when you make an album or song available for offline use, it will take up space on your phone.

The way the app works, is that when you make music available for offline use, it will download it inside of the app so that way it will play and won't constantly eat up your mobile data when you are on the go or you don't have an internet connection.

The amount of space it takes up depends on what quality you have selected for syncing music in the app settings. (different from the streaming quality setting)

For the extreme quality setting, I would say a song takes up an average of 7-10 MB. The lower the quality, the less space a song will take up.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Suggested posts