Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Offline mode

Solved!

Offline mode

I'm a paid up premium member never had a problem before but when I try to make my stared playlist available off line, spotify doesn't do any thing. The slider for offline goes green and that's it. I've tried making a playlist with just one song on it and I get exactly the same. All software is up to date and I'm fairly sure I'm not hitting any limits regarding the amount of songs on a playlist (my stared is only 270 ish songs)?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Thanks for the screenshot @Tom89 not to worry, there are a couple other things we can try. 

How many devices are you using offline? Premium users can only have offline playlists on 3 devices.

Please follow this FAQ to check which devices you have for offline use. I recommend removing the device you're trying to use and then trying again to sync:

"How do I remove my offline devices?"

View solution in original post

9 Replies

First, make sure you have more than 200MB of free space available on your device.

If you have enough free space, try deleting and then reisntalling Spotify. A reinstall has fixed this problem for most people that this happens to.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Yep and yep tried both. 42gb free and have tried to reinstall twice Iphone 6 software 8.2 (12d508) spotify software 2.6.0.2113 still no joy!

Hey @Tom89 do you have any playlists already synced offline? 

There's a limit of 3,333 offline songs per device. Is it possible you've already reached this limit? 

I get the same error.

Cannot get the local files to sync with the iphone

No defiantly not exceeding my limit
image.jpg
Marked as solution

Thanks for the screenshot @Tom89 not to worry, there are a couple other things we can try. 

How many devices are you using offline? Premium users can only have offline playlists on 3 devices.

Please follow this FAQ to check which devices you have for offline use. I recommend removing the device you're trying to use and then trying again to sync:

"How do I remove my offline devices?"

Thank you so much somehow the service had added my iPhone to the list twice I cleared them both and restated and it's now working! Thank you Meredith!

One thing to note, it could be the VPN somehow blocking the download.

Try connecting to a WiFi connection to see if that will work.

MattSudaSpotify Star

Whoops, just refreshed the page and saw that you got it to work.

Glad to hear!

MattSudaSpotify Star

Suggested posts