Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

FAQs

Please see below the most popular frequently asked questions.

Loading article...

Loading faqs...

Ongoing Issues

Please see below the current ongoing issues which are under investigation.

Loading issue...

Loading ongoing issues...

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • 31mwp7shpmdorxy6haqf
  • Spotify
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes
  • 15 replies
  • 36 likes

My Spotify Premium account is not activating

Hi, I have purchased the premium account on my iPhone 6, but on my account at the settings it says that it's still free, I have already close the app and then re open it and also erase the app and downloaded it again, how can I activate my premium ac...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, I have purchased the premium account on my iPhone 6, but on my account at the settings it says that it's still free, I have already close the app and then re open it and also erase the app and do...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Deleting a song from a playlist without scrolling through the playlist to find it?

Is it possible to delete a song from a playlist without having to scroll through the playlist to find it and then clicking edit and then deleting it? Sometimes a song is playing in a rather large playlist and I want to delete the song but it takes me...

• Casual Listener
  • Is it possible to delete a song from a playlist without having to scroll through the playlist to find it and then clicking edit and then deleting it? Sometimes a song is playing in a rather large pla...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Issue for resuming track between devices

When a track is resumed on my computer it also repeats the latest two tracks in the que. So before I chage device I listen to track A, B and C, in the middle of track C i change device and the track is resumed as expected. After track C is finished t...

• When a track is resumed on my computer it also repeats the latest two tracks in the que.   So before I chage device I listen to track A, B and C, in the middle of track C i change device and...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Listening to music and the next song starts and then the volume drops.

When I'm listening to my my music, some songs play fine and then some songs will start playing at normal volume and after a couple seconds, the volume significantly decreases. Any ideas?

• When I'm listening to my my music, some songs play fine and then some songs will start playing at normal volume and after a couple seconds, the volume significantly decreases. Any ideas?
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Playlists Disappeared

My roommate was playing music the other night and somehow my iPhone 6 linked to hers. I have tried logging off and back on several times, but when I go to my music all of her playlists show up. Where are mine and how do we disconnect from each other'...

• My roommate was playing music the other night and somehow my iPhone 6 linked to hers. I have tried logging off and back on several times, but when I go to my music all of her playlists show up. Where...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Audio Mutes After Songs Sometimes

When I'm playing music on my iPad over bluetooth, sometimes when a track ends the next track will start, but there will be no sound. I can see the bar progressing and the time counting up as the songs plays, but the audio is muted. If I press the bac...

• Casual Listener
  • When I'm playing music on my iPad over bluetooth, sometimes when a track ends the next track will start, but there will be no sound. I can see the bar progressing and the time counting up as the song...
  • KiyaSqueaker
  • Regular
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • mute
    no audio
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Can Not download Spotify from APP STORE on my iPhone

Hi, Recently went to use sportify and noticed it had disappeared from my Iphone . I uninstalled, tried to reinstall but I am unable to complete action as app store will not let me open Spotify to complete download !! I tried to reinstall by going via...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, Recently went to use sportify and noticed it had disappeared from my Iphone .  I uninstalled, tried to reinstall but I am unable to complete action as app store will not let me open Spotify ...
  • LisLou
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

IOS4 app not available for premium users in the U.S? Im Mad. Was not notified or anything.

I want to know if there is another place to get the ios4 app for mobile users because since who knows when you cannot get it from the app store anymore (in the U.S). If i had known this i would have never delted the app from my ipod to begin with! wh...

• Visitor
  • I want to know if there is another place to get the ios4 app for mobile users because since who knows when you cannot get it from the app store anymore (in the U.S). If i had known this i would have ...
  • kmd
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 2 likes

Claims no internet connection in browse mode

I can't use the browse mode on my iPad. It claims i have no internet connection even though My connection i working. Everything else in Spotify is working fine.

• Casual Listener
  • I can't use the browse mode on my iPad. It claims i have no internet connection even though My connection i working. Everything else in Spotify is working fine.
  • pp71
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Lag when scrolling thru albums

I just switched back to Spotify a few days ago. I'm still getting readjusted to it after having Rdio for almost a year, but i noticed that when i go into the Album view of My Music and start scrolling thru, there is significant lagginess. i should cl...

• I just switched back to Spotify a few days ago.   I'm still getting readjusted to it after having Rdio for almost a year, but i noticed that when i go into the Album view of My Music and sta...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

latest update: ALL OF THE BUGS

The iPhone app got an update sometime last week/over the weekend, and since then it's had a lot of problems. The app freezes when I try to scroll through my playlists. It randomly stops playing songs (instead of going to Song B when Song A is over, i...

• Music Fan
  • The iPhone app got an update sometime last week/over the weekend, and since then it's had a lot of problems.  The app freezes when I try to scroll through my playlists.  It randomly stops p...
  • 3Ni
  • Music Fan
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! iOS app keeps showing activity in Facebook

Hi, Everytime I restart the iOS app the Facebook activity slider gets turned on and I want it to remain off. Is this a glitch in the app? I have the latest app and iOS 8.1.2 Thanks Nick

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, Everytime I restart the iOS app the Facebook activity slider gets turned on and I want it to remain off. Is this a glitch in the app? I have the latest app and iOS 8.1.2   Thanks Nick
  • cian_shah12
  • Casual Listener
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Offline mode

Hello the offline is not working properly.If anyone can help me?( I already done the troubleshoting wich is explained on the knowledge)

• Hello the offline is not working properly.If anyone can  help me?( I already done  the troubleshoting  wich is explained on the knowledge)
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Mobile Data Usage

Ive been using Spotify since february 1st, no more than an hour or two a day, and being today february 4th, ive already used 131mb... Is this normal? It feels like its using too much. I have a 4s iPhone, latest iOS available...latest spotify update s...

• Casual Listener
  • Ive been using Spotify since february 1st, no more than an hour or two a day, and being today february 4th, ive already used 131mb... Is this normal? It feels like its using too much. I have a 4s iPh...
  • adisib
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

sync local files on mac to my iphone

I have songs that not on spotify. However, I want to listen to them on my iphone using spotify. everytime it is on my iphone is greyed out and says sync to computer to play on phone. I did that already. Please help.

• Casual Listener
  • I have songs that not on spotify. However, I want to listen to them on my iphone using spotify. everytime it is on my iphone is greyed out and says sync to computer to play on phone. I did that alrea...
  • OviiiOne
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Unlink from Facebook

I have tried so many ways. I tried Edit>Preferences>Disconnect from FB. Still my photo and my name and my friends are there. Keep asking me to follow my fb friends. I even tried reinstalling after disconnecting. Still not working. I don't want Facebo...

• I have tried so many ways. I tried Edit>Preferences>Disconnect from FB. Still my photo and my name and my friends are there. Keep asking me to follow my fb friends. I even tried reinstalling af...
  • mrobertson234
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Song file syncing

There's this album that's partly unavailable in my country (some of the songs are available but others aren't), but I have bought the record and downloaded the music files to my computer and am able to play them through Spotify on my PC thanks to tha...

• Casual Listener
  • There's this album that's partly unavailable in my country (some of the songs are available but others aren't), but I have bought the record and downloaded the music files to my computer and am able ...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

My Spotify app on my iPhone is freezing whenever I tap on the Playlists heading at the top.

My Spotify app on my iPhone is freezing whenever I tap on the Playlists heading at the top. It does eventually load but either going from the Playlist heading or back to it, it is really slow. In fact, checking it out again, it seems to affect going ...

• Casual Listener
  • My Spotify app on my iPhone is freezing whenever I tap on the Playlists heading at the top. It does eventually load but either going from the Playlist heading or back to it, it is really slow. &nbs...
  • Hardiebhoy
  • Casual Listener
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Spotify on iOS 2.3.0 "skipping" during playback

Ever since update to 2.3.0 I seem to have a nostalgiac mode enabled which emulates scratched CDs from my youth by 'skipping' during portions of songs that are playing. Sometimes it's a momentary pause, other times it will play the same second of a so...

• Casual Listener
  • Ever since update to 2.3.0 I seem to have a nostalgiac mode enabled which emulates scratched CDs from my youth by 'skipping' during portions of songs that are playing. Sometimes it's a momentary paus...
  • jared_marsau
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

iPhone 6 battery with Spotify

I'm looking to purchase and iPhone 6 and battery life is really important to me. The phone seems to have a good battery, but I'm concerned that spotify will drain the battery quickly if I use it often. I have premium and I've read about people having...

• I'm looking to purchase and iPhone 6 and battery life is really important to me. The phone seems to have a good battery, but I'm concerned that spotify will drain the battery quickly if I use it ofte...
  • elovasz
  • Casual Listener
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes