Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes

sharing tracks from my HTC One M8

Wondering if someone can help me. Whenever i try to share a track, from my HTC One M8, with someone it won't let me. I have tried all of the troubleshooting suggestions from posts but to no avail. I don't log in through Facebook but my friend does. C...

• Casual Listener
  • Wondering if someone can help me. Whenever i try to share a track, from my HTC One M8, with someone it won't let me. I have tried all of the troubleshooting suggestions from posts but to no avail. I...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Local Files Being Replaced

I was trying to sync a live Elliott Smith album to my iPhone. I have all the files locally, and when I play the playlist on my computer through Spotify, everything is fine. However, when I sync it to my phone, several of the tracks are pulled from Sp...

• Regular
  • I was trying to sync a live Elliott Smith album to my iPhone.  I have all the files locally, and when I play the playlist on my computer through Spotify, everything is fine.   However, ...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Rearrange songs by artist

Is there a faster way to rearrange the songs in my playlists by artist or the only way to arrange them is manually manually?

• Is there a faster way to rearrange the songs in my playlists by artist or the only way to arrange them is manually manually?
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Playing Local Files in My playlist on my mobile app

I wanna why I can't play the songs I have added in my playlist from my desktop on my mobile app but I can play and listen to them just fine on my desktop. The songs show up in my playlist but won't play on my app when I press shuffle play. I wanna kn...

• Casual Listener
  • I wanna why I can't play the songs I have added in my playlist from my desktop on my mobile app but I can play and listen to them just fine on my desktop. The songs show up in my playlist but won't p...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Offline songs not playing

I signed up for Spotify Premium yesterday so I can listen to my playlist in my car. All the songs in my iphone spotify playlist are still grey. What am I doing wrong that they will not let me play them? Under settign in my phone there is a message th...

• Casual Listener
  • I signed up for Spotify Premium yesterday so I can listen to my playlist in my car. All the songs in my iphone spotify playlist are still grey. What am I doing wrong that they will not let me play th...
  • msraspberry
  • 15 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 15 replies
  • 0 likes

Mobile App - Odd Offline Sync Issue

Bit of an odd one this - running Spotify on my 3GS, seemingly at random when I select an album and choose to save it as a playlist and offline sync it the app will download the album as normal. However, when I next open the app to listen I find that ...

• Music Fan
  • Bit of an odd one this - running Spotify on my 3GS, seemingly at random when I select an album and choose to save it as a playlist and offline sync it the app will download the album as normal. Howev...
  • Louie98
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Sync issue between pc and ipad

I have deleted all local files to free space. They have gone from pc but still appear on ipad. It is the ipad I want to delete them from but they don't appear to be syncing. Any advice taken gladly!

• Regular
  •  I have deleted all local files to free space. They have gone from pc but still appear on ipad. It is the ipad I want to delete them from but they don't appear to be syncing. Any advice taken gl...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! A question about offline listening

I am a premium subscriber and I download music to listen to offline. My question is, if I want to listen to the music I've downloaded, do I have to turn on "offline mode" in order to not use any mobile data? I'm just concerned that if I don't turn it...

• Casual Listener
  • I am a premium subscriber and I download music to listen to offline. My question is, if I want to listen to the music I've downloaded, do I have to turn on "offline mode" in order to not use any mobi...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

"Offline Sync" does not work

I have a few songs on my computer playlists that I cannot play on my iPhone. When I try to play the song on my phone I get the directions on how to sync to my phone, it does not work!Both devices are offline, my iPhone shows as the device to sync to,...

• Regular
  • I have a few songs on my computer playlists that I cannot play on my iPhone. When I try to play the song on my phone I get the directions on how to sync to my phone, it does not work! Both devices a...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Sptofy radio history on iPhone

Hi, I am listening to spotify radio to discover new songs on my iphone however when I hear a song I like, after it has finished I can't seem to go back and see what it was... So I listen to all these awesome songs when I'm driving for example and I h...

• Visitor
  • Hi,   I am listening to spotify radio to discover new songs on my iphone however when I hear a song I like, after it has finished I can't seem to go back and see what it was... So I listen t...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • history
    Radio
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

iphone error message when trying to search

whenever I go to search for music on my phone it just shows an error message, try again. The error message does not have a number. Also, I have a premium account. Getting extremely aggrevated.

• Casual Listener
  • whenever I go to search for music on my phone it just shows an error message, try again. The error message does not have a number. Also, I have a premium account. Getting extremely aggrevated. 
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

All but 5 songs Can't Play Offline

When I'm not online there only 5 songs that can play. The rest give me the "Can't Play Track" error. Most of the songs can't display any album art either. This makes me very mad because I'm paying money to listen to these songs offline.I listen on an...

• Casual Listener
  • When I'm not online there only 5 songs that can play. The rest give me the "Can't Play Track" error. Most of the songs can't display any album art either. This makes me very mad because I'm paying m...
  • Louie98
  • Roadie
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

iphone 6 wont sync - tried everyting!

I have an iphone 6, am a premium user, it just won't sync anymore songs. i have 87gb of free space ! my iphone 6 shows up as a device on the player on my mac, but it just does not synch....I have deleted and reintalled the app on my phone 3 times, an...

• I have an iphone 6, am a premium user, it just won't sync anymore songs. i have 87gb of free space ! my iphone 6 shows up as a device on the player on my mac, but it just does not synch....I hav...
  • Louie98
  • Roadie
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Mode off-line

I bought the premium spotify but in offline mode can not hear the music. They do not carry with that green arrow.

• I bought the premium spotify but in offline mode can not hear the music. They do not carry with that green arrow.
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Why can't I sync my entire playlist?

For some reason, when I try to sync a playlist offline, it only attempts to sync 1300 of the 1800 songs. I have restored my ipod touch and unstalled/re-installed the spotify app. I have plenty of available memory, and I am not exceeding the ~3300 son...

• Casual Listener
  • For some reason, when I try to sync a playlist offline, it only attempts to sync 1300 of the 1800 songs. I have restored my ipod touch and unstalled/re-installed the spotify app. I have plenty of ava...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify premium not working

I've had spotify premium for 4 months now and suddenly it's stopped and says I'm on the free service. There's no option to go premium and also I can't cancel my subscription (it's say it will be renuied on the 8/01/2015) any ideas on how to solve thi...

• I've had spotify premium for 4 months now and suddenly it's stopped and says I'm on the free service. There's no option to go premium and also I can't cancel my subscription (it's say it will be renu...
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Multiple devices

My problem is that whenever I try to put it on offline mode, it says too many devices are logged onto offline mode. However, when I try to remove the devices, it says there are none on offline. It keeps saying I have to quit and restart spotify, but ...

• My problem is that whenever I try to put it on offline mode, it says too many devices are logged onto offline mode. However, when I try to remove the devices, it says there are none on offline. It ke...
  • Amarro
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Does iPad version require Premium?

Hi there,I would like to know if it is enough with Spotify Unlimited to listen online to the spotify library, or I do need Spotify premium, as with other mobile devices? Thanks!

• Casual Listener
  •   Hi there, I would like to know if it is enough with Spotify Unlimited to listen online to the spotify library, or I do need Spotify premium, as with other mobile devices?   Thanks! &...
  • rancidskull
  • 43 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 43 replies
  • 2 likes