iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

Lyrics not showing

Plan Premium Country Canada Device iPhone XR Operating System iOS 15.0.2 Spotify 8.6.80.1180 My Question or Issue Apparently everyone in the world got the lyrics with the update. Expect me. How do I fix this ? Or rather how will YOU fix this ?! Empti...

• Regular
  • Devin9
  • Visitor
  • 864 replies
  • 319 likes
  • 864 replies
  • 319 likes

Downloading music on Apple Watch

Hey folks!Here's a few tips & tricks to share about downloading music from Spotify on your Apple Watch! - If you're looking to get started, check this out! Not seeing the 'Download to Apple Watch'-button yet? Make sure your Spotify app is up-to-date ...

• Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • Ver
  • Spotify Legend
  • 123 replies
  • 32 likes
  • 123 replies
  • 32 likes

Solved!! I have a different interface compared to my friends

Plan Premium Country Hong Kong Device iPhone XS Operating System iOS 13.1.3 My Question or Issue I have just start using Spotify and I realise my interface in artists is different from those of my friends. My friends have the number of liked songs un...

• n0hero
  • Casual Listener
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Following Artists

I have Spotify Premium on my iPhone 5s. Whenever I follow an artist it doesn't show up under the "following" tab in my profile. I touch the following tab and it says "An error occured" with a Try Again button beneath it. Anyone have any idea how to f...

• Casual Listener
  • I have Spotify Premium on my iPhone 5s.  Whenever I follow an artist it doesn't show up under the "following" tab in my profile.  I touch the following tab and it says "An error occured" wi...
  • Jc1090
  • Casual Listener
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Lost all Music which was Starred!!!

I'm really hoping someone can help fix this, I'm not hopeful but here goes!I have been using Spotify for a number of years and have been more than happy with the service until very recently. I originally had all songs in playlists as was the set up w...

• I'm really hoping someone can help fix this, I'm not hopeful but here goes! I have been using Spotify for a number of years and have been more than happy with the service until very recently. ...
  • jeremygoh
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 1 likes

Solved!! Song Dangerous by Big Data will never play on my iPhone

While using the iPhone app I have played through multiple playlists with the song Dangerous by Big Data. All other songs play fine, but whenever this song comes up it will not play. The only thing that I can do is skip the track. Is there something w...

• While using the iPhone app I have played through multiple playlists with the song Dangerous by Big Data. All other songs play fine, but whenever this song comes up it will not play. The only thing th...
  • Rodrigo
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Every Song Previously Downloaded was Deleted During the Last Upgrade

Wow, Spotify's last version was pretty glitchy. However, I was camping recently with a few thousand songs downloaded and Spotify upgraded on my iPhone. Thanks to this ridiculous upgrade, I have to purchase 10 more gigs of cellular bandwidth. ABSOLUTE...

• Wow, Spotify's last version was pretty glitchy.  However, I was camping recently with a few thousand songs downloaded and Spotify upgraded on my iPhone.  Thanks to this ridiculous upgrade, ...
  • Rodrigo
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! iPhone connection issues

After the last Spotify update (I think Tuesday of this week) my iPhone no longer shows up under the 'Devices' section. I tried it via Wifi, as well as connecting it with the iPhone cable, but it's still not showing. I removed and re-installed the app...

• Casual Listener
  • After the last Spotify update (I think Tuesday of this week) my iPhone no longer shows up under the 'Devices' section. I tried it via Wifi, as well as connecting it with the iPhone cable, but it's st...
  • shahan59
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Why won't my music sync to my iPod, i clicked on the playlist and nothing happened?

OK, so i have a spotify premium membership and i wanted to sync my music on to my ipod nano. i did everything it asked and got all the way up to the last step where you choose which playlists to sync, i chose them and then nothing happened. what am i...

• OK, so i have a spotify premium membership and i wanted to sync my music on to my ipod nano. i did everything it asked and got all the way up to the last step where you choose which playlists to sync...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify crashes on launch on iPhone 5

Hello, When I try to start my spotify app, it shuts down after the loading screen has been displayed for a few seconds. This does not happen if I don't have any offline playlists, but as soon as I re-sync them the issue reoccurs after a short while. ...

• Regular
  • Hello, When I try to start my spotify app, it shuts down after the loading screen has been displayed for a few seconds. This does not happen if I don't have any offline playlists, but as soon as I ...
  • jeremygoh
  • Community Legend
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! New Release is ridiculously slow

sorry if posted elsewhere, but the search option/google wasn't turning up much. We're talking 5-7 seconds after pushing next song til it starts playing. During this time, it is still stuck on the previous songs album cover, name, etc. While this is h...

• sorry if posted elsewhere, but the search option/google wasn't turning up much.   We're talking 5-7 seconds after pushing next song til it starts playing. During this time, it is still stuck...
  • jeremygoh
  • Community Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 2 likes

Does Spotify Want Me to Listen Offline?

I purchased Spotify Premium a few months ago and I am absolutely thrilled with it. It's one of the best purchases I've made. One of the main selling points of Spotify for me is having the ability to listen offline on my iPhone. However, after multipl...

• I purchased Spotify Premium a few months ago and I am absolutely thrilled with it. It's one of the best purchases I've made. One of the main selling points of Spotify for me is having the ability to ...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify doesn't sync all songs

Hello, I would like to sync my iPod but Spotify always stops at some point. My playlist is about 913 songs but it always stops at 413. I have enough space left and can't find the problem. Can someone help? Thank you!

• Hello, I would like to sync my iPod but Spotify always stops at some point. My playlist is about 913 songs but it always stops at 413. I have enough space left and can't find the problem. Can someone...
  • user-removed
  • Not applicable
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Shuffle play on IOS

I had a 460 song playlist and the same 30 or 40 songs would keep playing over and over. I got tired of hearing them all the time so I deleted them off my playlist and now I am finally hearing some other songs that did not use to play. This isn't how ...

• Roadie
  • I had a 460 song playlist and the same 30 or 40 songs would keep playing over and over. I got tired of hearing them all the time so I deleted them off my playlist and now I am finally hearing some ot...
  • ws1482
  • Roadie
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! IOS Spotify Crash when searching for album

Spotify version 1.2.0.3344 crashes on iOS 7.1.1 everytime I search using Russian keyboard (Cyrills font) Steps done: Select Search Type in Russian "хит" See all albums Scroll down to load more albums Crashes everytime Is this a known issues, didnt se...

• Regular
  • Spotify version 1.2.0.3344 crashes on iOS 7.1.1  everytime I search using Russian keyboard (Cyrills font) Steps done:   Select Search Type in Russian "хит" See all albums Scroll...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • bug
    bug report
    Crash
    iOS 7.1.1
    load more
    Search
    Search Album
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Spotify crahes sporadic on IPad1 iOS 5.1

Spotify crahes sporadic on IPad1 iOS 5.1. Sometimes i can play music for half an hour. Next time the App crashes after 3 minutes. I'm a premium member for half a year. I had the problem from the beginning. Hopefully sombody have a solution.

• Casual Listener
  • Spotify crahes sporadic on IPad1 iOS 5.1. Sometimes i can play music for half an hour. Next time the App crashes after 3 minutes. I'm a premium member for half a year . I had the prob...
  • jeremygoh
  • Community Legend
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! "Unable to play track..." ??? on Spotify Free

I'm getting this many times a day on my iPhone 5. I see a lot of posts adressing this and have tried some suggestions including removing and reinstalling Spotify. I am trying the free version to see if I want to switch from Pandora, where I do pay fo...

• Regular
  • I'm getting this many times a day on my iPhone 5.  I see a lot of posts adressing this and have tried some suggestions including removing and reinstalling Spotify.  I am trying the free ver...
  • Dimgo
  • Regular
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Playlists don't completely download..

I only have 1,400 songs on my account, which shouldn't really be a problem. About 3/4 out of my 24 playlists are downloaded. (Yes I am a premium user.) I've deleted the Spotify app on my 5c, turned off my phone, logged off then back in, and the other...

• I only have 1,400 songs on my account, which shouldn't really be a problem. About 3/4 out of my 24 playlists are downloaded. (Yes I am a premium user.) I've deleted the Spotify app on my 5c, turned o...
  • jeremygoh
  • Community Legend
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

App quick-freeze after been taken off from background

I have an iPhone 4S, with the latest version of iOS 7 and I have been having this annoying problem every time I take the app off background. If I am listening to a song, everything works fine, I can forward or backward songs, however when I try to op...

• Regular
  • I have an iPhone 4S, with the latest version of iOS 7 and I have been having this annoying problem every time I take the app off background. If I am listening to a song, everything works fine, I can ...
  • jeremygoh
  • Community Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! No search function on iOS app

Seems like a major flaw that iOS songs list doesn't have a search function

• Seems like a major flaw that iOS songs list doesn't have a search function
  • MattSuda
  • Spotify Star
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Lost all my music when I had to restore my computer

I had to completly restore my computer My personal music is on spotify but not on my computer Is there a way to get the music back on my computer

• I had to completly restore my computer My personal music is on spotify but not on my computer Is there a way to get the music back on my computer
  • Joe
  • Community Legend
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Iphone app problem

I've downloaded the spotify app for my iphone 4, which has the latest IOS installed. I have subscribed to the premium service on spotify. When I load the app, it lets me search etc & then lets me play a song.Then when I try & play another song it doe...

• I've downloaded the spotify app for my iphone 4, which has the latest IOS installed.  I have subscribed to the premium service on spotify. When I load the app, it lets me search etc & t...
  • Peter__
  • Community Legend
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes