Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Synchronize artist

Solved!

Synchronize artist

Hello,
Is it possible or could it please be possible to sync a whole artist at once rather than album by album?

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hi, sorry if I'm misunderstanding your question, but it sounds like you're wanting to save an entire artist's work to Your Music without saving the albums one at a time? Unfortunately, that's not currently possible, but I would recommend adding kudos and comments to this idea. In the meantime, you can follow an artist, and they should show up in Your Music even if you haven't saved any albums or tracks from them...this can be a convenient way to bookmark them, although I believe the current limit to this is 300 artists.

One other thing: If you've saved an artist's albums/tracks to Your Music and want to sync the entire artist to listen to offline, that's actually possible already.

dinomightSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Marked as solution

Hi, sorry if I'm misunderstanding your question, but it sounds like you're wanting to save an entire artist's work to Your Music without saving the albums one at a time? Unfortunately, that's not currently possible, but I would recommend adding kudos and comments to this idea. In the meantime, you can follow an artist, and they should show up in Your Music even if you haven't saved any albums or tracks from them...this can be a convenient way to bookmark them, although I believe the current limit to this is 300 artists.

One other thing: If you've saved an artist's albums/tracks to Your Music and want to sync the entire artist to listen to offline, that's actually possible already.

dinomightSpotify Star

Well, I'd like to download a whole artist for offline mode if that's possible

Great, you can do that too! Just save the albums you want to Your Music...if you go to any album page, you should see a save button. Then, on your phone, if you'll go to the artists section and choose the artist you want, you can choose to make everything you've saved for that artist available offline.

Unfortunately, you do still have to save the albums one by one in the first place. So, in answer to the original question, no there's not a way to just save the whole artist to Your Music at once for that purpose.

dinomightSpotify Star

Hmm ok,

Thanks for the answer ๐Ÿ˜„

Would it be possible to submit a request for them to add such a function?

You absolutely can submit that as a request. Just go to the idea submissions board here, and you can submit it as a new idea. Since there's already an idea for simply saving an artist to Your Music, I would suggest being more specific and making the idea something like "save entire artists' catalog for offline." Here are some idea submission guidelines too.

dinomightSpotify Star

Suggested posts