Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Offline sync using Cellular when switched off and connected to Wifi

Offline sync using Cellular when switched off and connected to Wifi

Problem with Spotify or Apple iPhone6?? I have the sync over cellular switched off in Spotify, but just synced whilst connected to wifi supposedly based on the WiFi icon showing but it used about 1gb of my cellular data. Latest iPhone6 update applied but might not be the reason. Anyone else experiencing this???  I have had to buy more data so I don't get charged.

5 Replies

I have had the exact same problem. With syncing 2 albums over 200Mb (of 500mb) of my cellular data gone!

Wifi was on (and working with websites etc.), mobile data for Spotify in iOS settings was enabled, syncing in Spotify via 2g/3g disabled and offline mode in Spotify was turned off.

This was on iPhone 5c with iOS 8.1, Spotify version 1.9.0.2744

Please help!

I suspect it has something to do with the recent update.

Yes, looks like an Apple update issue.  That said it looks like it is a recurring issue.

Have disabled Spotify from using cellular data in the interim until something is done.  I mainly use offline anyway.

Interisting.. I can't get my Iphone6 to Sync off line without being connected to WIFI even though I have the cellular data turned on. Seems opsite to what your experienceing..

Same problem.  CHecked my data usage..went from ~700mb to over 4Gb in a couple of days when I was sync'ing my iphone6. 

switch to an iphone6+. keeping an eye on it to see if it still does it.  I have 10GB but still have 20days left on my billing cycle.

Suggested posts