Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

One Facebook friend disappeared from list

Solved!

One Facebook friend disappeared from list

I am no longer able to locate one of my facebook friends that I used to be able to share with all the time. I use spotify on my iPad 3rd gen (WiFi only) and my iPod Touch 5th gen both with 6.1.3 iOS. Both devices are running the latest version of Mobile Spotify 0.7.1.23

(same troubleshooting done on both devices)

First I checked to make sure we were both signed in to Facebook

I then went to iPad Settings>Safari and cleared both cache and cookies, restarted the iPad and downloaded again

Problem still occurs and she is my only friend that i show missing; she is also the only friend I've ever shared with.

Neither my iPad or iPod Touch is jailbroken.

I am, however, able to find her fine on my 21.5-inch, Mid 2011 iMac spotify app and am able to share music. The desktop app is running version 0.9.1.53g.  Issue is only occuring on my iPad and iPod Touch. This has been going on for the past 2 days.

I have 20 playlists (18 if you do not include the Liked From Radio ones from each device)

My user name is Century Got Bars

I have enclosed 2 screenshots. The missing friend is Carmen Nickelberry. In the first screen shot you see she is on my following list on my desktop. In the second you can see she does not appear in the friends list which is alphabetized.

Please tell me how to fix this because we share the best music and dont feel like emailing each other as a workaround all the time 😞

spotify issue 2.png
spotify issue.png
31 Replies

I am having the exact same problem! One of my friends who I share lots of playlists with has disappeared! We are still fb friends and he shows up on my laptop, but I can't find him on my phone. I recently updated to the new version of spotify I wonder if this is a glitch in it?

Quick question to everyone having this issue.... is the person you are missing recently upgrade from a free trial to a premium? or did they change any sharing settings either on spotify or facebook?  I actually have a few people missing

I uninstalled and reinstalled the mobile app (Galaxy S4) to no avail.

Nothing changed with me or my missing person recently, and they still show on my desktop list. When searching on mobile they "dont exist" (vice versa when they search me), but the previously shared songs still show in the inbox...

Definitely very frustrating

My missing friend has not changed any share settings nor recently upgraded to from a 30 day trial. We have both been premium users for at least 2+ months.

Same problem on iphone 4s. Just the one friend that I share the most with. George Lovvorn. Yes friends on facebook. Spotify app version 0.6.4.2

Also, he does not show me in his friend list either.

Hello,

I am also having this problem, Spotify version 0.7.1.23.  It happened after I updated to the most recent version, but she is also updated to the most recent version.  Natalie Hoffer, and we're both friends on Facebook. 

I can see the songs she sent me in my inbox, but her name now appears as a number. 

She is able to find me on her phone, and I can find her on my PC, but I can't find her on the phone app.

Thanks for your help everyone

*edit* accidental double post

I am having the same problem. I know that the friend I shared with,  deactivated his FB account, but reactivated it when he saw that he needed it for Spotify. He does show as my FB friend, but not when I try and share on Spotify.  Any progress with this issue yet?

I am the original thread poster....and no unfortunately no progress on this issue yet. Im hoping they put out an update to fix this because paying a monthly fee and not being able to use its features fully sucks.

Marked as solution

Miraculously my friend has returned. I just came in today, reloaded my desktop spotify on my iMac and noticed a shared song from my once missing friend. This wasn't too shocking because she was still able to send to me back and forth on the desktop.  But as soon as I looked at my app today she was back. 

Seems like there is no fix just a glitch that works itself out when it feels like it.  I hope they will find the bug and put out an update to keep it from coming back soon.

Same here - seems to be fixed in the server side.

Suggested posts