Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Only local files synced

Solved!

Only local files synced

Hello,

I have a premium account and can't sync my Spotify tracks to my ipod.

If I click on devices and ipod every playlist is marked with "only local files synced".

Can someone please help?

Jake

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

This is correct then, as it is not possible to sync streamed music from Spotify to an iPod nano, you can only use the Spotify client to sync local tracks that you own. 

There is a post that I would suggest you read here which explains the Spotify iPod integration.

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

View solution in original post

7 Replies

Hey! Welcome to the community 🙂 

What type of iPod do you have?

Peter

Peter

Hi Peter,

thank you. It's an

iPod Shuffle, 2nd Gen, 1 GB

Jake

Marked as solution

This is correct then, as it is not possible to sync streamed music from Spotify to an iPod nano, you can only use the Spotify client to sync local tracks that you own. 

There is a post that I would suggest you read here which explains the Spotify iPod integration.

Peter

Peter

So, if we're using a Classic iPod, and we can't store any music from Spotify on that iPod except the music that's already in our iTunes, what exactly is the value of syncing our Classic iPod with Spotify?

@therichbrooks wrote:

So, if we're using a Classic iPod, and we can't store any music from Spotify on that iPod except the music that's already in our iTunes, what exactly is the value of syncing our Classic iPod with Spotify?

You don't have to use that horrible thing called iTunes 😛 it also means you can make playlists inside Spotify (from your local files), basically it was added to make it so you don't need other music players - a single place for music on your computer. 

Peter

Peter

I Have a New iPod Shuffle 2GB and get the message that I can only sync local files. Can someonme explain this and also explain the value of having a premium spotify account on which i am meant to be able to download music anmd presumabley sync to my devices to play anywhere?

Or can someone tell me what external devices i can use to sync seaerched for music to justify £9.99 a month

You can download spotify content to any device for which a spotify app is available. If you want to stick with apple, then an ipod touch. There's a list in the FAQ.

Suggested posts