Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Overlapping Podcasts playing at the same time

Overlapping Podcasts playing at the same time

Plan

Premium

Country

USA

Device

iPhone XS

Operating System

iOS 15.4.1

My Question or Issue

When listening to podcasts lately I have had an overlapping of another unrelated (not on my playlists) podcast playing in the background at the same time. The current Podcast this is happening on is https://open.spotify.com/episode/6AtxDNJykUPTXTIkOV9wvw?si=QEQiHKvlTrGIGNOOsjduVw and I’m at 46:20 currently with it happening, but it has for the majority of the episode. 

1 Reply

Hey @bdav0000,

Thanks for posting in the Community.

This is indeed an interesting experience, which I was not able to reproduce on my end only with the podcast link, so we can exclude the podcast itself as the reason.

It'd be best if you first tried reproducing the issue with a different account on the same device, so we can find out if the device is the culprit. How did that go?

Talking about apps in the background, do you mind allowing Spotify to refresh in the background on your iPhone? Here is how to do that, if not already done. 

What would be most helpful would be to prepare a short screen recording, where the described issue is visible, so we can get a glimpse of what exactly is going on on your end.

Keep us posted,

Cheers!

DianModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.

Suggested posts