Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Playback issues after getting a call on iOS 11.2

Playback issues after getting a call on iOS 11.2

I have noticed recently that when I receive a phone call or watch a video and then try returning back to spotify, the app would state the music is playing however no sound until I force a quit on the Spotify App. It's quite annoying, anyone else experienced this? 

iPhone X on iOS 11.2

Spotify 8.4.25 (latest available for download)

8 Replies

I’m experiencing this on iOS 11.2 beta. It happened to me the first time when I ended a phone call.

I noticed the issue also occurs when I play video through an app that’s not Spotify. Force quitting seems to be the only workaround 

Have the same issue 

Came here to say the same thing.  It's not just after a call though -- it's literally after ANY audio interruption.  That includes playing audio from another app or even using dictation to within the Spotify app.  I cannot get music to play again until closing and reloading Spotify.    The time continues to go on as if music is playing, but no audio comes through via any output method.

I too am using the latest iOS 11.2 beta.

Does everyone this is affecting have it on iPhone X 11.2?

I’m having same issue. 11.2 beta on iPhone 7

So not limited to iPhone X, but can anyone confirm if this is still a problem in 11.2 Beta 3? I dont beleive i it is an issue after updating just now to beta 3

Same, not occurring after updating to 11.2 beta 3 (15C5107a)

I have been experiencing the same issue since I upgraded to the iPhone X. As soon as I updated the iOS to 11.2 (beta 4), the problem was resolved FINALLY.

Suggested posts