Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

iOS (iPhone, iPad)

Get help with Spotify for iOS devices

Start a topic

Forum Posts

iOS Local Files: Easier import with the Files app

It is now easier to import Local Files into the Spotify iOS app through the Files app on your iOS device. A computer and WiFi network are not required to use this new import method. This means that you can now import Local Files into the Spotify iOS ...

Files app icon.png
  • Spotify Star
  • Spotify Star
  • zoabknew
  • Regular
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes
  • 13 replies
  • 33 likes

New iOS update won’t let you shuffle or repeat playlists

Hey I’m on a road trip, and I pay for Spotify Premium, but with the new iOS update my phone won’t let me shuffle and repeat my playlists in my car. Kind of a bummer really when on a long drive. Please fix this

• Hey I’m on a road trip, and I pay for Spotify Premium, but with the new iOS update my phone won’t let me shuffle and repeat my playlists in my car. Kind of a bummer really when on a long drive. Pleas...
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 3 likes

Not logging in

so i’ve updated to IOS11, and i needs to update spotify, which i did, and now it’s not letting me log back into spotify, it’s saying there is an error?? i have turned my phone on and off and deleted and re downloaded spotify, any help? it’s really an...

• so i’ve updated to IOS11, and i needs to update spotify, which i did, and now it’s not letting me log back into spotify, it’s saying there is an error?? i have turned my phone on and off and deleted ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

iOS 11 iPhone overheats when using Spotify app

Hi, I've never had an issue with the Spotify app until I dowloaded iOS 11. My phone now overheats whenever I use it for more than 5 minutes. I tried reinstalling the app, but that didn't help. I was wondering if there was an update coming or if there...

• Hi,   I've never had an issue with the Spotify app until I dowloaded iOS 11. My phone now overheats whenever I use it for more than 5 minutes. I tried reinstalling the app, but that didn't hel...
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 1 likes

"Something Went Wrong" (dis)like broken

Hi,Whenever I try to thumbs up or thumbs down a song on my iOS app, spotify replies with "something went wrong." This glitch is also in tandem with the fact that the player randomly stops at some point during the night, and goes back to the song that...

• Visitor
  • Hi, Whenever I try to thumbs up or thumbs down a song on my iOS app, spotify replies with "something went wrong." This glitch is also in tandem with the fact that the player randomly stops at some...
  • sandrambernard
  • 26 replies
  • 3 likes
  • button
    Glitch
    like and dislike
  • 26 replies
  • 3 likes

Lock screen problems

Unlike the old iOS updates, I can no longer see what song, change track, adjust volume etc when the screen is locked. Is there a way of sorting this out?

• Unlike the old iOS updates, I can no longer see what song, change track, adjust volume etc when the screen is locked. Is there a way of sorting this out? 
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Don't have the radio option on the bottom bar

Hello, I just downloaded the spotify app yesterday on my Iphone 5 and instead of the radio option on the bottom bar I have the podcast one... and don't seem to have the radio option anywhere else... I can see stations when I'm in my playlist option.....

• Hello, I just downloaded the spotify app yesterday on my Iphone 5 and instead of the radio option on the bottom bar I have the podcast one... and don't seem to have the radio option anywhere else... ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Updating downloaded music changes

Hi there, i have hit my maximum download limit on my iPhone 6 and I have changed a lot of music to online only so that it frees up space to change my offline music so I can download new stuff but it's stuck on all the old music I had previously downl...

• Hi there,    i have hit my maximum download limit on my iPhone 6 and I have changed a lot of music to online only so that it frees up space to change my offline music so I can download ne...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

iOS App does not show tracks which are not available

I have noticed a rather strange behaviour of the iOS app regarding tracks which are marked as "unavailable". By that, I mean that for an album, only some tracks are playable on spotify. I noticed this with the Album "Live in Hamburg" by Esbjörn Svens...

• I have noticed a rather strange behaviour of the iOS app regarding tracks which are marked as "unavailable". By that, I mean that for an album, only some tracks are playable on spotify. I noticed thi...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! Spotify on iPhone won't Scrobble anymore

I've double checked all my settings on Spotify on the iPhone, and it doesn't Scobble to Last.fm anymore. The desktop version works fine with the same Spotify and Last.fm accounts, but the iPhone doesn't work. There's no error messages or anything, ju...

• Regular
  • I've double checked all my settings on Spotify on the iPhone, and it doesn't Scobble to Last.fm anymore.  The desktop version works fine with the same Spotify and Last.fm accounts, but the iPhon...
  • Pleasehelp3
  • 20 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 20 replies
  • 0 likes

Stopping

Why does it automatically pause every time i hit the play button.Has happened on several occasions. Annoying

• Why does it automatically pause every time i hit the play button. Has happened on several occasions.   Annoying  
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Premium subscription works on computer but not on iphone

Hi,I have subscribed for premium earlier this month. I can use my spotify account on computer without any problem, but on iphone premium features are not active. Even though it says "premium" under account menu in settings. I do not have a facebook a...

• Hi, I have subscribed for premium earlier this month. I can use my spotify account on computer without any problem, but on iphone premium features are not active. Even though it says "premium" ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Support in Spotify

First of all I can not get the app on my phone because it says that it's bot available in the store in my country . Can I switch the store ? Or is it something that comes with your phone and there's nothing to do about it ? Second, the songs are only...

• First of all I can not get the app on my phone because it says that it's bot available in the store in my country . Can I switch the store ? Or is it something that comes with your phone and there's ...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Saved albums are downloading?

Every album I save rather than choose to download seems to become available offline and so is filling my iPhone up. Any idea what's wrong here? They don't have the download icon next to the album name but when I open the album up all the songs are th...

• Every album I save rather than choose to download seems to become available offline and so is filling my iPhone up. Any idea what's wrong here? They don't have the download icon next to the album nam...
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

How do you get Spotify and Podcasts to show up on the lock screen in the new IOS version?

After the latest update none of the music I play shows up on the lock screen anymore, anybody know how to fix this?

• Roadie
  • After the latest update none of the music I play shows up on the lock screen anymore, anybody know how to fix this? 
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • Spotify Podcasts Lockscreen
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Autoplay - why is it greyed out on an iPad when listening through another device?

I use Spotify on an iPad and listen through a Bose SoundTouch amplifier. In this mode, the Playback option is greyed out and the autoplay feature doesn't work. Is there a way around this?

• I use Spotify on an iPad and listen through a Bose SoundTouch amplifier.  In this mode, the Playback option is greyed out and the autoplay feature doesn't work.  Is there a way around this?
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes

Superuser Contribution Switching Playlists

I have a playlist of things to listen to, and a separate one for songs I like but don't know the words to (I make a lot of playlists so I don't want to save songs I don't know really well). Lately, every time I put something onto that second playlist...

• Casual Listener
  • I have a playlist of things to listen to, and a separate one for songs I like but don't know the words to (I make a lot of playlists so I don't want to save songs I don't know really well). Lately, e...
  • eemanuel
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

iPhone 6 and Bluetooth connection in the car resume problems

Hi, I have iPhone 6 with the most recent IOS and I have strange behaviour with the bluetooth connection between the car and the iPhone after I try to resume from the place I stoped.For example, I connect to the bluetooth in the car, play a playlist, ...

• Casual Listener
  • Hi, I have iPhone 6 with the most recent IOS and I have strange behaviour with the bluetooth connection between the car and the iPhone after I try to resume from the place I stoped. For example, I c...
  • iGlev
  • Casual Listener
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes
  • 2 replies
  • 1 likes

Needs support for iOS 11

So if you guys don’t know ios 11 came out to beta test, which is awesome. But recently I started to get back into Spotify, and I noticed it has some odd bugs.(Disclaimer: I know I’m using a “unstable” version of IOS but there are just wierd)1. My dev...

• So if you guys don’t know ios 11 came out to beta test, which is awesome. But recently I started to get back into Spotify, and I noticed it has some odd bugs. (Disclaimer: I know I’m using a “unstab...
  • lokalanimccall
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Solved!! iOS app Order tracks by date added from newest to oldest

Hello, my favorite playlist suddenly changed from oldest to newest (date added) I want it backwards. How do I change that in my phone?Why would someone want to scroll ALL the way down to listen to a song that just added??

• Casual Listener
  • Hello, my favorite playlist suddenly changed from oldest to newest (date added) I want it backwards. How do I change that in my phone? Why would someone want to scroll ALL the way down to listen to ...
  • bongogottabone
  • 7 replies
  • 2 likes
  • Mac
  • 7 replies
  • 2 likes