Premium

Country

Canada

Device

iPhone 7 Plus

Operating System

iOS 15.4.1

My Question or Issue

Since last update of Spotify version 8.7.21.1728 , playback of liked- historically liked- songs will stop playing and won’t play at all (different from the already reported issue of playback won’t work on NEW liked songs). I hit play on my old liked songs and it will play one then start the next song and then stop abruptly stop playing 2 seconds in and then will not play the song at all. 

I have done all of the suggested fixes i.e. clearing space (I have 7GBS available), most recent iOS update done, closed app, logged out and in, restarted iPhone, etc. nothing has worked. This is the only app on my phone having issues.

8 Replies

I am having the exact same issue. I've yet to get a resolution from Spotify online human assistant.

Same here, I have yet to here a reply from a Spotify moderator either. Still having the same issue but less so. Now it will play a couple of songs and then not work. 

Hi there folks,

Thank you for reaching out to the Community. We're sorry to see that you're having troubles with your playback. Let's take a closer look into this.

First, can you perform a clean reinstall of the app if you haven't? There's some more steps to help thoroughly uninstall the app from your device, so if you haven't, we'd highly suggest it.

On another note, can you try with a different internet connection to see if the issue persists?

We'll be keeping an eye out for your replies.

Take care 🙂

JeremyModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Live, love, laugh and listen to music 🙂

Since the last version 8.7.50 I only can play one song, then the app crashes in iOS. I already delete the cache… 

Hi there @Juancsarralde,

Thanks for the post.

Sorry to hear that this started happening.

Can you let us know if this is happening both with streamed and downloaded music in Offline Mode and Podcasts?

Looking forward to your reply.

AlexModerator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hello

Sorry for the late reply. Yes I did a clean reinstall and has not fixed the issue. 

Hi Alex

My reported issue happens in offline mode, not sure about podcasts as I don't really listen to them. 

Hey there @CMF001

Thanks for getting back to us. 

You mentioned that you already tried logging out and then logging back in, but could you try it again but making sure to do it twice in a row? This will help trigger a sync between your account and phone.

If this doesn't do the trick, could you mind asking a friend or a relative to log in to their account on your phone to check if the same happens with a different account?

Lastly, just to confirm, is this only happening on your phone or on other devices as well?

We'll be on the lookout.

EniModerator
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.

“Music acts like a magic key, to which the most tightly closed heart opens.”– Maria von Trapp

Suggested posts