Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Playlist descriptions?

Solved!

Playlist descriptions?

Ive been wondering about this for a while now, and Ive seen it on a bunch of playlists, but how does one add a description to their playlist? Ive looked around the community and most of the posts are from multiple years ago. Any help on what to do? 

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey @tylerdallow, thanks for posting!

You can set a playlist description using the Desktop version of the app. Just click on the playlist you want to add a description to (it must be your own), and click on the playlist name. It will then allow you to add a description! This will also show up when viewing from a mobile device but as far as I know there isn't a way to add a description from mobile.

Let me know if you need more help and I'll see what I can do!

Thanks!

View solution in original post

edit playlist.jpg
9 Replies
Marked as solution

Hey @tylerdallow, thanks for posting!

You can set a playlist description using the Desktop version of the app. Just click on the playlist you want to add a description to (it must be your own), and click on the playlist name. It will then allow you to add a description! This will also show up when viewing from a mobile device but as far as I know there isn't a way to add a description from mobile.

Let me know if you need more help and I'll see what I can do!

Thanks!

edit playlist.jpg

Thank you so much!! Ive been looking everywhere for that

how can i tag another persons profile? like hyperlink it to their spotify profile, ive seen it on other profile's, i tried the "@them" but it didnt work

Did they take this feature away since you gave this solution, or do you need to have a Premium account in order to add a description to your playlist? I am unable to click on the title of my playlist. I can't really do anything to it except delete it or delete tracks. It's really frustrating because I basically have to Google how to do anything on this app or desktop site. Nothing is obvious or apparent or easy to navigate. 

I just want people to hear my playlists and know what they're about. https://open.spotify.com/user/124532308/playlist/290TqHQot6kYXWEZSz5eg0

Hey @user-removed, the solution posted above still works for me, as long as the playlist is your own and you're on the desktop Spotify client it should still be the same.

Alternatively you can also click the three dots next to the play button and click "Edit Details" and this will allow you to set a description too.

Let me know if this helps!

I was being dumb (of course). I was trying to edit it on the website instead of the actual desktop app. lol smh. Facepalm moment! Thanks for the help!

Hi there,

I'm on the spotify website and trying to add a description to my playlist however the option to "edit playlist" is not there. Do I need to download some app to my laptop? Or can I do it from the player website or the iPhone app?

Thanks

I just encountered this issue as well. Looks like you must have the desktop app in order to do this. The web-based UI is some sort of lite version.

Yep, you need to have the desktop program/app to be able to edit the description and change the cover art of a playlist.

Suggested posts