Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Possible to use web player on iPhone 4s?

Possible to use web player on iPhone 4s?

None of the below information is required. However, the more you provide the easier it will be for us to try and help. 

Plan

Premium For Family

Country

USA

Device

iPhone 4s

Operating System

(iOS 9. Something 

My Question or Issue

Hi, I since I want to listen to music on Spotify at night I wanted to see if wep player works on an iPhone. I can not download the Spotify app due to my old operating system which Spotify don't support. I can not download an older version because I didn't download it before when Spotify did support the operating system. So if anyone has any ideas I am open. TIA

4 Replies

Hey @Joel-M, thanks for reaching out to the Community!

Just double checked to see what devices support the Web Player. You would need to be using a computer (laptop or desktop) device to use the Web Player

Right now, it's not possible to listen to Spotify using the Web Player on a mobile device. If this is something you'd like to see in the future, you can always start a new Idea about this here.

I hope this clears things up. Let me know if you need anything else! 

Billy-JSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Hey there @Joel-M,

Just jumping in here to clarify something @Billy-J mentioned.

Note that it is possible to use the web player on a mobile device, provided you use one of the supported browsers. You'll find a list of all supported browsers on this page.

If an error message pops up when you try to start the web player, you might need to enable it first. You can find instructions on how to do this depending on your browser here.

Hope you find this useful. Keep us posted if you have any questions.

Have a nice day!

Mihail Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Hi Mihail. I am using Safari and I still cannot get the web player to open. I am using Safari. When I go to the page it opens me to the App Store. But I cannot download the Spotify App, due to my old operating system. Help, please! TIA.

Hey @Joel-M,

Thanks for your reply and sorry for the confusion.

We're working on launching the web player on all mobile iOS devices but we're still running some tests and it's not available for all.

You can find out more on how stay updated on all tests we are currently running, visit this page. 

Hope you find this useful. If something else comes up feel free to contact us again.

Have a nice day!

Mihail Moderator
If you appreciate an answer, maybe give it a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

Suggested posts