Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Premium subscription works on computer but not on iphone

Solved!

Premium subscription works on computer but not on iphone

Since yesterday I have Spotify premium. On my computer it works and stands at the top right "Spotify Premium."
But if I want to play songs from my iPhone I still get the message that this premium material and that I need to upgrade. How can I fix this? Because I've just subscribed to this so I can use Spotify on the iPhone.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Managed to make it work - logged in with facebook details instead of spotify details. Seems to be working fine now! Not sure if it's the best way to fix it but it works for now. Hopw it works for others.

View solution in original post

78 Replies

roelsyperda - Are you logging into your iPhone with the username 'roelsyperda' and your Spotify password? I see you have 2 accounts, a Premium and a free account. You may be accessing the wrong one.
-------

Check out how we're doing over @SpotifyStatus

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

I have the same problem but the other way around - Premium on iPhone, but only free version on my laptop - both logged in as mcsubs.

What am I missing?  If I click "Upgrade" in the top right hand corner of my the screen on my laptop,  it puts up a payment options page - when I click the "Premium £9.99 / month" button, it displays "Almost there... For security reasons, you must enter your password to complete the payment".

If I click this, will I be charged twice?

Any help appreciated!

Also - When I log in to the website it tells me I am using the free version, but on the receipts page it shows monthly payments of £9.99 (last Order ID  74143014012 in May 2012).  Agggh!

Mcsubs - Welcome to the Community. You're right, there was a payment in May. However, it was on the 3rd. It looks as though your most recent payment has failed, so your Premium has now reverted back to the free version. Unfortunately, we can't see why, but you'll need to update your payment details if you'd like to get your lovely Premium going again. You can do that from www.spotify.com/account/subscribe/

Let us know if you have any more trouble.
-------

Question answered? Just click 'Accept as solution' to help other users out. Easy.

Who's your Spotify Star?

I had cancelled my lost card - forgot Spotify was on there - thanks very much, knew it would be obvious!

Hello there, i have been having troubles with my Spotify account as of recent. First of all, about a month ago i wanted to cancel my premium subscription but couldnt because when asked for my password I was told that i typed in the wrong password which is false but anyways i went ahead and logged into my fb account and changed my password. I try to cancel my subscription again and it still says I typed in the wrong password. 

A month has passed and I no longer want to delete my account but now I cant log into my spotify premium account thyough my phone. Since I only use spotidy on my iPhone and now I cant even login into my spotify app it seems like Im paying $10 for nothing.  

I have emailed you guys in the past but I never got a response. Hopefully this works, you guys need to improve your customer service because I am not happy!

Lupie,

I've just taken a look in our email database - I couldn't seem to locate any messages from you. Strange - did you use a different email address to write in? 

The first thing I would try would be a clean reinstallation of Spotify - Hopefully, this should get things up and running for you. 

Airhorn Enthusiast

Hi,

We have premium on our laptop and ipod, but unfortunately it doesn't seem to recognise it on the ipad! We can login to the ipad app but none of the playlists are there and if we try to play any music it says we need a premium account.

Does anyone have any recommendations? Many thanks

Martyncorker - Are you logging in with the username 'martyncorker' at all?
-------

Who's your Spotify Star?

Yes, logging in with 'martyncorker'. It shows up with saved tracks from SpotOn but nothing else and still no music playing. Frustratingly, we also can't seem to login to the spotify website either on the ipad, but can log on with the same details using the laptop.

Any help much appreciated.

Hmm, this seems strange. I think we'll need to look into your account further. Unfortunately, we'll need to take security details for this (we can't do that here), so it's best if you get in touch with Customer Support. Just head to 'About us' above, then 'Contact Form'. They'll get back to you as soon as they can.
-------

Who's your Spotify Star?
Marked as solution

Managed to make it work - logged in with facebook details instead of spotify details. Seems to be working fine now! Not sure if it's the best way to fix it but it works for now. Hopw it works for others.

I'm having the exact same problem. The premium account is working on the computer, but on my phone it says I do not have a premium account

I have the same issue, and I am loggin in with Facebook on both my computer and mobile devices and still have the issue, any fix to this??

Kristopherray - I've just taken a look at your account. I don't see anything untoward... You should be able to get to your Premium by using your Facebook details. Try logging out and back in a couple of times

romey050500 - Could you get in touch with us directly? Scroll up, click on "About Us" and then "Contact Form". One of our advisors should be able to get you up and running!
Airhorn Enthusiast

im also having the same problem, it says on my pc that im premium, but spotify doesnt work on my iphone, even though i can sync my playlist to offline mode on my phone, but im not able to play anything on my phone for the last couple of days, can you please help me..

David, I have tried logging in and out multiple times, and it still says "31 days remaining of your trial at the top" with none of my starred tracks available.  And heres just a quick update, when I arrived at work this morning, I logged into my spotify on my computer to find that it also did not have any of my (insert very large number of tracks here) tracks available. This is very dissapointing and I hope this can be resolved. For one, I dont want to go back and restar everything in hopes of not missing anything. and Two, I do not want to risk having this happen again, so id probably just cancel my account. THANKS!

I submitted the form, how long does it usually take? The only reason I'm paying for the subscription is to be able to use it on my phone. The fact that I can't makes it useless to me.

Hey,

2-4 days.

Suggested posts