Announcements

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Problem: Bad performance and battery drain

Solved!

Problem: Bad performance and battery drain

Hi Spotify.
Since the last update to version 1.2.0.3344 I got some huge problems with the spotify-app for iOS.
The app needs several seconds to respond to my inputs. Also my iPhone gets real hot and the battery drain is insane. Approximately I loose at least one percent of my battery every minute. I am using an iPhone 4s with iOS 7.1.1. Before the latest update everything was fine. Please fix this bug!

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

The recent update, although it looked so much better than the previous version, is slowing down our devices (prob due to the heavy animation).

The battery drain could be due to the streaming on the device, usually it drains a lot of battery as its constantly using 4G/3G which really pulls the battery hard... It even happens for prev versions of Spotify and there's tons of threads about it.
Meet Jeremy! | Day Entrepreneur, Night, Music Fanatic
I'm here to shuffle!

• Write what matters in your heart to others, you never know whether you have another chance again.

View solution in original post

9 Replies

Could you try resetting your iphone by pressing and holding both the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons for at least 10 seconds, until you see the Apple logo to see if it helps.

Hi jwylot.
Thanks for your help.
Unfortunately neither resetting my iPhone nor de-installing and re-installing the spotify app helped.

Are you streaming or listening to offline playlists? My 4S with the same iOS as you has been fine since the 1.2 update.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Hi Peter.
I am always using Spotify to stream my music.
I did this also before with older versions of the app. But the laggy behaviour only appeared after I installed the latest Spotify-update.

Surprising, is it syncing music for offline mode? If thats the case, it will take some time only.
I'm here to shuffle!

• Write what matters in your heart to others, you never know whether you have another chance again.

Hi jeremygoh.
No, i dont't have any offline-playlists which could cause this behaviour by the syncing progress.

Today i had the impression that it suddenly worked properly with 3G on my way to work and back. But back home with WiFi nothing changed. I guess I only didn't recognized the heating of the battery in the subway.

Hopefully there is an update soon, maybe then everything works fine again.
Marked as solution

The recent update, although it looked so much better than the previous version, is slowing down our devices (prob due to the heavy animation).

The battery drain could be due to the streaming on the device, usually it drains a lot of battery as its constantly using 4G/3G which really pulls the battery hard... It even happens for prev versions of Spotify and there's tons of threads about it.
I'm here to shuffle!

Hi, I've noticed the battery on my iPhone 5s draining incredibly quickly over the last couple of days. I always listen to my music in offline mode but it seems to be draining by about 20% per hour. The bottom of my phone is also red hot. I'm not streaming until I'm at home on the wifi so not sure why this is happening. Any ideas (in layman's terms please!)?? 

It shouldn't be though - can you try to go to Spotify settings -> usage -> offline mode next time and try again while listening to music offline?

I think its because of your other apps, because Spotify (when its in offline mode, it doesnt use any data), you can go to your location services (i realised that location eat my batteries hard!)

@rinkydinkyrhi

I'm here to shuffle!

Suggested posts