Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Problem with iPad app

Problem with iPad app

I have two iPads (one private and one for work), and a Spotify Premium account. On one of the iPads, the Spotify app will not launch the music after hitting the play-button. I can see my playlists, and everything seems allright until I press "PLAY". NOTHING HAPPENS! I have tried to uninstall the app and reinstalled it, all the same when hitting play... On the other iPad, the app works great..

Can anyone help me, pleeeease?

15 Replies

Are the both iPads connected via Wifi or 3G/4G network? Are the iPads identical? 3rd gen or 4th gen or what?

If you set the other iPad to play music and then go to the other iPad and press play, does it stop playing on the other?

IDEAS: Device Management | Recover Deleted Items

Please! Give "Kudos" to posts that you found helpful. Mark "Accept as Solution" if a post solved your issue!. Thank you!

Thanks for trying to help me 🙂 One iPad is an iPad 2, and the other is the new iPad. This was not a problem before iOs 6, and the problem is consistant if they use the same Wifi or not.. (Both are Wifi-editions only) The problem is that the app on iPad2 does not start playng after I have pressed play...

So the bar that indicates the song going forward doesn't move at all or does, but no music comes out. I'v got a iPad G1 myself, so I'm not that familiar with iOS 6 (isn't available for the G1), but I'll surely try to help you to best of my knowledge.

Please! Give "Kudos" to posts that you found helpful. Mark "Accept as Solution" if a post solved your issue!. Thank you!

The bar does not move at all, and no music is played. The symbol that indicates that music is being played (in the upper right corner next to the battery indicator) is showng though...

That sounds really odd. If the app would to be working correctly and when pushing play on the other iPad the music should stop on the other one. Sounds like the other iPad isn't fully connected to Spotify at all or there is some sort of issue with it.

Tried setting the other iPad to sync a small playlist to offline, set it to offline mode and see what it does.

Well: I tried what you suggested, but nothing changes.. The bar doesnt move 😞

But, now I get paused playing music on one iPad when I try pushing play on the other.. so the problem-iPad is connected..

I am really frustrated..!

You can still Surf the net using the problem iPad? Well it's progress if it now goes to Pause when you try playing on the otherone, surely this still isn't what we'r trying to do here...

I'll ask around to see if I could find more intel on this.

Thanks!

Hello,

Are you logged into the same account on both devices at the same time? If so, that might part  of the problem here. Try logging out of your account on the working iPad, then log in on the other one. Try playing tracks now.

No Joy? Try the following - 

* Hold down the power button until the "slide to power off" option appears

* Hold down the home button, until the application shuts down. 

* Try entering the application now and playing tracks

* If you're still unable to play tracks, try changing the streaming quality, turning off gapless playback and crossfade tracks. This might get things working. 

Airhorn Enthusiast

Thanks for tip, I did it all but I'm sorry to say that your suggestions did not help either...

I have same problem with my iPad, the "unable to play track"-message. It come really often and sometimes I can't play tracks at all because it stops everytime in same position.

I have reinstalled and that didn't help at all.

@Boah wrote:

I have same problem with my iPad, the "unable to play track"-message. It come really often and sometimes I can't play tracks at all because it stops everytime in same position.

I have reinstalled and that didn't help at all.

Strange, are you connecting using WiFi or 3G/4G? 

Also, are you streaming those tracks from Spotify or are they local files you have synced? 

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I am using wifi connection. There is no difference if I use iPad with broadband connection via wifi at home or my phone's 3G connection via wifi.

@Boah wrote:

I am using wifi connection. There is no difference if I use iPad with broadband connection via wifi at home or my phone's 3G connection via wifi.

Strange, have you tried all the steps in the iOS troubleshooting guide?

Peter

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Thank you for this. I'd been struggling to cure a frozen screen and tried numerous things and then your " no joy" instructions worked.

Suggested posts