Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Problem with old iPHONE

Solved!

Problem with old iPHONE

Hi everyone,

new to forum here! 

I want to use spotify on my old iPhone3g that I will leave on my car permenantly. I have spotify installed on it, when I connect it will stay on a facebook screen written ''Discover great music with your friends''. It will stay there for ever! Any ideas how get rid of this?

thanks!

Pascal

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Hey there! Just an update from those higher up in the food chain.

Since y'all are trying to use legacy versions of Spotify, the app might not work.

Sorry for such a late reply!

If this solved your issue - Accept it as a solution!
Official Website | MyAnimeList | 😉 |
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

View solution in original post

30 Replies

This could be a simple bug. Have you tried:

1) Restarting your phone.

2) Reinstalling Spotify.

If those didn't work, please come back to me!

Thanks for your input!

I tried on my iPhone 3g and my itouch 2nd generation and same thing happened. I also tried to re install spotify and nothing.

I'm open to try anything!

Oh well. When you say it's stuck on the Facebook screen, do you mean that it simply freezes, or does the screen go white? Or maybe something else?

It say Discover music with your friends and there is a loading sign down the page I left load overnight and it never stopped lol

I'm currently traveling, so sorry for the late replies.

Anyways, you can't even log in?

Hey no problem, I appreciate the fact that you take time to help me!

I open the app on the iPhone, it ask for my username and password, than on the top of the screen it's written ''spotify is disconected'' and the loading page start and it loads for ever..

Can a screenshot help ? 

A screenshot could help.

You may have to contact Spotify support. But I'm guessing it's something to do so V your Internet connection. Are you using the sane connection every time?

Its my turn to travel, as soon as I get back home I'll post a screenshot!

rps20150629_142641.jpg

Hi, why the shuffle song always play the same songs? I have a playlist with more than 1200 song and always playing the same songs, is some way to reshuflle the songs of playlist... Thanks.

Hi MarkoLoexa! If you don't re-shuffle, the songs won't repeat. But other than that, there's no other fix for that.

Hi mapuya19, you received the screenshot ? I sent it from my cellphone so I just want to be sure you see it ! 

Yeah, I did. I've never used Spotify on an older version, but it looks like you're signing in.

Did you sign in using Facebook?

And have you succeeded in signing in before?

I let it overnight and it stay on this screen. Never been able to sign up on iOs .. I think I will have to find another device haha

Oh. That's no fun. 😞

Have you tried signing up via another device?

Then you could just sign in on your iOS device.

I'm having the same issue. Not able to get passed the 'discover great....' screen. It logs in and then just gets stuck there. Have tried all internet types.

Same issue using an old ipod.  Same screenshot.  Registered onlne with computer, tried to login to spotify app. Initially greeted with need ios 5. but this is old ipod which won't support it.

I am having same exact issue, I am using old ipod touch with ios 4. I am able to fill out info in order to login, but right after it I get stuck on the screen mentioned earlier. Is there any way to fix this?

Bump

Suggested posts