Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Problem with old iPHONE

Solved!

Problem with old iPHONE

Hi everyone,

new to forum here! 

I want to use spotify on my old iPhone3g that I will leave on my car permenantly. I have spotify installed on it, when I connect it will stay on a facebook screen written ''Discover great music with your friends''. It will stay there for ever! Any ideas how get rid of this?

thanks!

Pascal

30 Replies

Bump

@edytheman I'm not sure if older app versions are kept on Apple's servers for older iOS versions, such as your own, but the current version of Spotify requires iOS 7. Having an older version of iOS may be problem instead of the app itself.

Hope this helps!

If this solved your issue - Accept it as a solution!
Official Website | MyAnimeList | 😉 |
What's a Spotify Rock Star, and how do I become one?

That didn't really help as you didn't tell me anything I didn't knew already. But I guess thanks for actually giving a crap and responding to the thread. 

It seems like spotify doesn't really give a **bleep** about older version of spotify (which you can still download if you own older device). 

Well, Spotify used to have a version of Spotify just for iOS 6, but I'm not sure where that went. That doesn't really help, but this post from a year ago might:

The following post is from @Joe on this thread.

"I linked to a post below that saying

1. Make USA account (it may work with other countries accounts, but maybe it is important to do it using USA account)
2. Download itunes, install it. Login with usa account
3. download spotify (normal spotify, not ios4 version) on itunes.
4. Connect ipod.
5. Sync Spotify app from itunes with ipod
5. if it does not sync go to appstore on ipod and install spotify using appstore on ipod."

Good luck!

I have already done that. That is how I have spotify on my old iPod right now, the issue is that I can't access it because of the facebook loading screen as mentioned multiple times earlier in this post.

ATTENTION: I HAVE SOLVED THE ISSUE
I too was running an old IOS for the same reason and just spent an hour trying to get around that annoying Facebook issue. Go to Spotify.com on your computer or phone etc and link your account to a Facebook account that way. Now when you go to log into your old device, login using Facebook. It skips the find music with friends screen and works perfectly! If you do not have a Facebook simply set up a fake one for free very quickly.

This did not work for me. Signing in with Facebook and I still go to the forever Facebook loading page.
Marked as solution

Hey there! Just an update from those higher up in the food chain.

Since y'all are trying to use legacy versions of Spotify, the app might not work.

Sorry for such a late reply!

Oh man, thanks! We couldn't figure that out in the past posts. Really helpful solution.

So we went through all the trouble of downloading iTunes on our computer, installing the older version of spotify, and the simple answer is - it might not work, meh.

I have a family plan and I noticed that the app stuck on facebook screen (on Ipod 2g ios 4.2.1) only when I logged with my son's account. So I tried to change the birthday year to 1997 and everything is working fine. I don't know if this is the final solution but you can give it a try.

Suggested posts