Using iPhone 11pro - iOS 13.3.1

Spotify Connect

Yamaha RX-A670 Receiver - latest firmware as of postdate

USA

Have restarted phone

Updated to latest Spotify

Did a clean uninstall/reinstall of Spotify

Problem has been going on since the beginning of the year at least

If I start playing an album or playlist, then add songs to my queue, it works fine at first. But after several songs, this glitch occurs every time. The next song in the queue will play, but the app (either on the lock screen or in the app proper) will be displaying some other song that was played much earlier, usually from whatever album, playlist or station had been playing before I added to queue. If I don't do anything, it will keep playing the next songs in the queue, although it will continue to be stuck displaying the same random song as though it is currently playing. This causes problems when I want to skip a song, because it then effectively skips two songs in the queue and catches up to the next song. At this point, it will display the correct currently playing song, although is missed one song in the queue. But after a few more songs, the glitch occurs and the currently playing song does not match with the song being displayed. 

The other very annoying piece is that sometimes, when the glitch occur, it does NOT advance to the next song in the queue but repeats the most recently played song, while still displaying the wrong currently playing song.

Again, this is all using my iPhone and Spotify Connect on the Yamaha receiver. But, I have had this problem when streaming to Bluetooth in my car. 

Only other quirk is that if I open the Yamaha app on my phone, IT will show the correct currently playing song even when Spotify is glitching and showing the wrong currently playing song. But I rarely run the two apps at the same time.

I've searched the knowledge base but didn't find an answer. This is really making it hard to use the service the way I want to, hoping this can be addressed somehow.

Thanks for your time.

3 Replies

Similar problem here, but with regular Spotify Premium, Windows 10 desktop app and a Denon AVR-2113. 

I'm shuffling my Liked Songs, adding songs to the queue on the go. What happens is that the queued song overwrites the first song in the shuffle order, plays the correct song, displays the song in the shuffle order and then moves on to the next shuffle item after playing (so skipping the originally next-up in shuffle). When I queue more than one song it "replaces" the second song in shuffle and so on.

Switching to the desktop app seems to reset the queue, so an annoying workaround is switching audio to desktop, adding a song to the queue then switching back to SpotifyConnect on my AVR. 

Hey there @SjorsHijgenaar,

Thanks for reaching out about this on the Community!

We appreciate the effort and detail you put in reporting this issue, but we have to let you know that we were unable to reproduce this from our end.

Do you mind going through the steps here to perform a clean reinstall and see if that does the trick?

If you are still having issues after that, please provide the following information and we'll pass it on to the right folks to look into this further:

• Exact Spotify version 
  • Device details (build/model/OS)
  • Troubleshooting steps you tried so far
  • Exact steps to reproduce (include screen recordings or screenshots if possible)
  • Is the behavior always the same?
  • Can you recreate it with ease, or is it random?

Thanks - Keep us posted!

XeniaModerator
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Are you new to the Community? Take a moment to introduce yourself!

This still happens all the time, and the issue has been active as long as I can remember. Because of this the whole queue functionality is almost useless when listening via Spotify Connect. It remembers the queue for some time, then it is forgotten and play suddenly resumes from the last playlist or album that was being played before adding the songs to the queue (while the Connect receiver still thinks it is playing the queue). This happens several times per day. Very annoying, please fix this.

And it happens with all versions - desktop, web or mobile.

Suggested posts