Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Problems with wrong track

Problems with wrong track

Hello,

I bought an album from Metallica, puts it into Spotify in my playlist.

So far so good.

When I sync the playlist with my Iphone and I choose a specific track, it plays a completely different track from another album?

So I tried to delete the whole album and put it back in, but the same thing happened again.
When I listen to the playlist on my Mac, it's the right number.

Best Regards

7 Replies

On your Mac, right click on the track and select "Unlink Track" which will break the link with the Spotify catalogue to see if that makes any difference?

Be aware you will need to sync local files over to your device following the steps here:

https://support.spotify.com/learn-more/faq/#!/article/Sync-your-device-with-Spotify

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

Sorry for waiting
yes, it helped with one track, but there is still one track there won't do it.

I have a similar issue on my iPhone. I want to play R.A. The Rugged Man - Legends Never Die (Daddy's Halo) but what actually plays is Youth Lagoon - Worms. Not only is this annoying because I want to listen to the right song but the Youth Lagoon song sucks*!

I've deleted the track and re-synced and the same problem occurs. I looked up the Youth Lagoon - Worms track in the vague hope that the songs may have flipped but, no, still the same rubbish track. 

It should be noted that the problem does not occur on my PC. Your help is much appreciated. 

*apologies to any Youth Lagoon fans. 

Hey Ashmiller, is the R.A. song on Spotify's catalog or locally saved on your computer? The issue is not occurring on my phone with Legends Never Die on Spotify's catalog?

Hi Victor 

It plays the wrong track when I have it donwloaded on the iPhone and when I try to stream it. I've deleted the track from all my playlists and streamed it and the issue is still occuring. Doesn't happen on my PC. 

I'm glad you're able to listen to it on your mobile, I'm jealous!

Ash 

There's a chance that the incorrect track is still in the cache and spotify plays it from there instead of streaming it from the servers. You could try reinstalling spotify which will clear the cache but you'll lose all your offline music so that may be a bit drastic to fix one track.

Back at NL92, I'm assuming that the one track that still plays the wrong track is already synced to your phone? I think the issue is that you had already synced the linked track into your phone, then unlinked the track on your computer, but your phone still has the linked track. To fix this I would simply unsync the playlist with the Metallica album, and then resync it. The unlinked track should appear in your phone again. Hope this helps!

Suggested posts