Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Queue messed up after pausing

Solved!

Queue messed up after pausing

Recently (since 3.4 or 3.5) I've been finding that when playing an album, if I pause the track while it's playing in the background (either via Bluetooth controls or when accessing another app that takes control of audio), when I return to the app, the remaining tracks in my queue appear in a random order—often including tracks that have already played, but always from the same album.

I have verified that shuffle is never selected (and I have premium). This occurs on both iPad and iPhone, and has continued following deletion and reinstallment of the app on both. In fact, it's so consistent and persistent that I'm slightly surprised not to have seen anyone else here reporting similar problems.

Accepted Solutions
Marked as solution

Typically, shortly after finally posting this query, I (sort of) figure out the problem. Spotify on my desktop is set to launch on startup, and if it's running while I try to use either of the iOS apps, it seems to cause the described issue. So making sure the desktop client isn't left open seems to fix the problem.

As for why having the desktop client running makes the iOS apps shuffle their queues while paused, I can't fathom. But Spotify's clients have always been a bit... let's say "idiosyncratic". 😉

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Marked as solution

Typically, shortly after finally posting this query, I (sort of) figure out the problem. Spotify on my desktop is set to launch on startup, and if it's running while I try to use either of the iOS apps, it seems to cause the described issue. So making sure the desktop client isn't left open seems to fix the problem.

As for why having the desktop client running makes the iOS apps shuffle their queues while paused, I can't fathom. But Spotify's clients have always been a bit... let's say "idiosyncratic". 😉

Suggested posts