Premium

Country

Us

Device

iPhone 7 plus

Operating System

iOS 12.2

My Question or Issue

I keep finding random songs and playlists playlists  in my Recently played.  I also have playlits appearing in my library that I have never followed (I had about 20-30 different playlists today).  Several times the song I am listening to has switched to a random song without me touching my device.  It is getting tiresome to have to go unfollow so many playlists and such on a consistent basis.  I have already changed my password and the issue persists, leading me to think it is a software issue.  Is anyone else experiencing this?

3 Replies

Hmm, that does sound pretty strange, from what it sounds like there might be someone other than yourself accessing your account, but if you've changed your password and the issue has persisted that doesn't seem too likely. 

On your Account page, there is an option that says "Sign Out Everywhere" which will disconnect you from all active devices. If you haven't tried this yet, then it would definitely be worth a shot.

Another option is to go to the Apps tab on your Account page, here you can revoke permission from apps that want to access your Spotify account. If you see anything here that you don't trust, remove it from the list. 

I hope things get resolved for you!

Hey @mrbev, welcome to the Community.

Hope you're doing great!

If you think someone's accessed your account, check out: https://support.spotify.com/article/someone-has-gained-access-to-my-account/

Keep me posted 🙂

Same problem here. I have also changed passwords and no joy. I will sign out everywhere and see how I go.

Cheers

Damo

Suggested posts