Announcements
The Spotify Stars Program: Celebrating Values Week!

Help Wizard

Step 1

NEXT STEP

Re: Beta testing Spotify

Re: Beta testing Spotify

2014.11.07 Applications for the Spotify for iOS beta are now open

For more info and to apply look to your right and find the header called "Beta test Spotify for iOS".

This is a copy of this original post.
Community Ergo Sum
127 Replies

A new beta will be released soon, so you might end up getting accepted and get an email for it soon.

MattSudaSpotify Star
Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution".
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Like.
Note: I'm not a Spotify employee.

Understand Matt. But I do not have the iOS beta board available. I was part of the YM beta, should we discuss in the same area?

The iOS beta board is a different board than the previous YM beta board. I'm not really sure where you are supposed to post your feedback at the moment. I'm guessing these new features were pushed server side to everyone who signed up for the beta. There will be a new beta version coming out soon, so there is a possibility that you could get an email for that and also access to the iOS beta board. I'll see if I can get some clarification and post back. 

MattSudaSpotify Star

Please do give some information on how to access the beta forums, because I was just invited and would love to give some input when available. If you need to, just DM me the link.

@ShapeShif73r I'll keep you updated on the fix for that

MattSudaSpotify Star

@MattSuda I'm looking for the beta forum also. Clicking the link for test flight just sends me in an infinite loop through the App Store though, like above, some new features have suddenly appeared within the app.

@MattSuda actually judging from some reviews left on the test flight app, I was able to determine my infinite loop problem could be solved by clicking the link from the Mail app instead of the Gmail app. This worked for me. Additionally, there is also a Send Feedback link this way. Please disregard my previous comment/question.

@mollybeee Great! I've asked the proper team to give you access to the beta forum. Hopefully you'll have access soon.

MattSudaSpotify Star

@mattsuda I just was acceptable into the beta program, installed through test flight and would like access to the beta forums as well. thanks!

i wan't to share my thoughts about the new functions in the beta too. but where?

@ccullers @heinzgruber For now you can use the "Send Feedback" function through the test flight app. This sends an email and provides all the necessary device information the developers will need in order to resolve (or credit!) your issue.

Additionally, be as detailed as possible with your descriptions and include steps to reproduce your problem if you have one!

Also had the infinate loop via Gmail and new Gmail Inbox, forwarded the invite to my work email which uses the iOS mail app and it worked fine.  Thanks for the heads up on this.

@FTBoomer wrote:

Also had the infinate loop via Gmail and new Gmail Inbox, forwarded the invite to my work email which uses the iOS mail app and it worked fine.  Thanks for the heads up on this.

You could've also just opened the web page in Safari from Gmail/GInbox 😛

I received a link to give me access to the beta, and installed Apple testflight. But when I click on the link to spotify beta, it redirects me to the testflight app in the store, and if I open it, it says I have no access to any beta program. What's wrong ? Does the new spotify beta app is already available ?

@w4termelon 

You need to use the built in mail app on the iPhone to read the email and click the link inside of it. I guess Apple makes it so it will only work if you use the mail app.

MattSudaSpotify Star

The reason it works from the mail app is because it opens the link in Safari and not Chrome. Copy the link in email, paste in Safari, problem solved.

The beta app says expires on december 21 2014 so after that date what happens to my offline songs? would i be forced to install the one in app store and re download all the offline songs?

My guess is there will be a new beta release before that date so the app will update and the timer will be reset.

Peter
Spotify Community Mentor and Troubleshooter

Spotify Last.FM Twitter LinkedIn Meet Peter Rock Star Jam 2014

If this post was helpful, please add kudos below!

I assume that it means that after that date no more beta updates will be issued and you'll go back to the regular release cycle. Don't think you'll have to re-download anything or that the app will be removed automatically.

Suggested posts